Scariest movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys are freaking me out. I should be in bed in an hour(son's not well so have to get my sleep asap..hope it one of those 24 hours bugs)I thought Jaws was scary and now you guys are coming up with more! I will have nightmares:ohmy:

Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls

When he's up in the mountains and drops the raccoon that he's trying to save. Boy that was scary.

Seriously, though... I thought Poltergeist was pretty scary (especially the pool scene) and The Birds was kinda creepy/disturbing. Jaws... yes, definitely.

I'd like to add "Alien" to the list.

The Z said:
Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls

When he's up in the mountains and drops the raccoon that he's trying to save. Boy that was scary.

Seriously, though... I thought Poltergeist was pretty scary (especially the pool scene) and The Birds was kinda creepy/disturbing. Jaws... yes, definitely.

I'd like to add "Alien" to the list.

oooo, I forgot Alien!! That one freaked me out. Those things are horrible!!:ohmy:

kimbaby said:
I also forgot jeepers creepers,i liked one better, 2 was dunb(imo)

I didn't bother with "2" because I thought Jeepers Creepers was a waste of my time. It was aw'ight and had some tense action but I didn't like the ending at all.

I can't think of any book I've read.. by anyone where the movie is as good. Books are better because you can "cast " the characters and "see" the sets the way that you want them. Plus there's always so much more detail.

Like the Stephen King movie "IT" that was funny, not scary. Except, my oldest was afraid of clowns for the longest time. Didn't matter what they looked like, all he saw was the clown from the movie!!

pdswife said:
I can't think of any book I've read.. by anyone where the movie is as good. Books are better because you can "cast " the characters and "see" the sets the way that you want them. Plus there's always so much more detail.

Have you read/seen "Mosquito Coast"? I read the book and was later more than impressed when I saw the movie adaptation. It's not a heavy read, but it is thought- and image-provoking. It's always THE singular example I'm able to point out.

I haven't seen or read it Z. I'm going to go to my library page though and request a hold.

I've always been one of those who can watch all the blood and gore and say oh brother..Never bothered me, it just wasn't real..Except for one as a child, my aunt and mom took eme with them to see and old black and white Boris Karloff movie about a mummy, all I can remember was this stiff legged mummy arms out stretched crashing throug a set of french doors and then seeing the curtains flapping in the breeze, I had dreams of just that scene off and on for years. The other two that made me jump were physco and dead calm. Can't think of any others right now, oh yes, that movie about Charlie Manson,, not so much the movie, but the eyes of the actor, yeesh, they gave me the creeps..

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom