Scary Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
When I was tending to Mark in the hospital the other day, I got hungry. There was nothing in the hospital, so I went across the street to the Jack-in-the-Box and got a chocolate shake (note that I didn’t say “milk shake”). The store was really cold, so I went outside to enjoy it. Well, the shake warmed up enough so the plastic cup it was in wasn’t cold, but the contents never melted! No matter how warm it got, the shake’s consistency never changed.

That’s scary!

How about you? Any scary foods you’ve come across lately?

Last edited:
Taco Bell. Entire menu.

Six Flags pizza.

Strip bar sushi.

Museum hot dogs or tuna sandwiches.

Boy Scout microwave popcorn.

Vegetarian lunch meat.

Subway ham or chicken.

Last edited:
Shakes in general. They're almost like deserts now. They don't quench that much when eating a meal. I asked that of one employee of the big four fast food restaurants. She said that shakes at all fast food places are mostly thick deserts now.

Last edited:
Taco Bell. Entire menu.

Six Flags pizza.

Strip bar sushi.

Museum hot dogs or tuna sandwiches.

Boy Scout microwave popcorn.

Vegetarian lunch meat.

Subway ham or chicken.

Why would one eat in a strip bar? That kind of "restaurant" has "Health Code Violations" written all over it.

Oh, wait, is that Taylor Ham sushi? :angel:

CD

JJ, unless you go someplace like DQ or Braums, you are not getting a real milkshake. The big FF chains put a lot of stuff in their shakes to make them thick, and stay thick to the bottom of the cup.

CD

Turkey bacon is durn scary. :blink::sick:

Yeah, I don't like turkey bacon, but I'm not afraid to eat it.

One food I cannot even imagine eating is any kind of insect. They are delicacies all over the world, but I hope I never get pushed into eating one.

Psycho poodle LOVES June Bugs. I take him outside this time of year, and I hear the "crunch, crunch, crunch" of Teddy eating a June Bug, and it grosses me out. But, to him, they are the ultimate snack food.

CD

Kay! :LOL: Turkey and bacon don't even belong in the same sentence IMO....unless a couple of strips of real pork bacon are added to a roast turkey sandwich. :)

I'm with Bucky on his list. Subway....eww.

I used to have to have those blue boxes of mac and cheese with the powdered 'cheese' for my grands when they were little and I cringed....fortunately they made their way out of this pantry many years ago and out of their mom's pantry as well. :ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
Why would one eat in a strip bar?
CD

Don't ask me, but they advertise on the radio and local print with happy hours that include food, the most ridiculous being sushi. Really?

and btw, I'm glad you're finally using the correct terms for things. :cool:

Don't ask me, but they advertise on the radio and local print with happy hours that include food, the most ridiculous being sushi. Really?

and btw, I'm glad you're finally using the correct terms for things. :cool:

Yeah, yeah. You have never been to a strip bar, but you heard a commercial about one. :rolleyes:

CD

I used to have to have those blue boxes of mac and cheese with the powdered 'cheese' for my grands when they were little and I cringed....fortunately they made their way out of this pantry many years ago and out of their mom's pantry as well. :ermm::LOL:

When you are in college, and you are getting close to bouncing the next check you write, that blue box mac and cheese is good eats. That was a 49-cent dinner.

CD

I would never go into a place of ill repute. I've heard of those places near Philly.

Ask Bambi, Jakki, and Candy.
Poor girls work so hard for their medical degrees.

I would never go into a place of ill repute. I've heard of those places near Philly.

Ask Bambi, Jakki, and Candy.
Poor girls work so hard for their medical degrees.

Yeah, I was once young and stupid. "Hey guys, I think she really likes me." :ermm:

If you haven't figured it out by the time you are my age, you are hopelessly lost.

CD

Studies report that salad spinners won't spin off Salmanila. I'm thinking of getting rid of mine. I use it only for salad bags anyways. If a salad bag salad has a dirt taste, I toss it and avoid that brand. I think they missed a few rinse cycles before it was bagged.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom