Scented Candles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm not really big on scented candles. I hate walking past the candle store's open door at the mall. However, sometimes find myself in a candle shop or even the Yankee Candle Factory:mad: .

Trying to keep myself amused, I began wondering why there is a host of fruit and flower scents but no savory food scents.

I'm talking about Roast Thanksgiving Turkey scented candles, or Pot Roast candles. How about BBQ or lasagna scented candles?

Is there an anti-foodie conspiracy?

What savory food scented candle would you buy? If any.

There are pumpkin, but I don't suppose they would be savory, unless it was pumpkin soup.

sorry... but I think I'd stick to the sweet ones. Apple pie, vanilla, butter cream and strawberry are some of my favorites... oh.. wait how about fresh baked bread?

I bought some beautiful sandalwood candles to go in the rack that is in front of my fireplace - tall pillar candles, medium and short. BUT, I couldn't stand the smell of them burning. They smell great when they aren't burning. So they sit there looking great and I burn others scents for the aroma.

I can't burn candles much at all because of my asthma but I love the citrus-rosemary and melon-herb combos that Yankee Candles has (I forget the exact name of both). They smell very fresh and clean.

I like the idea of a pot pie or bread scented candle.:)

PA Baker said:
I can't burn candles much at all because of my asthma but I love the citrus-rosemary and melon-herb combos that Yankee Candles has (I forget the exact name of both). They smell very fresh and clean.

I like the idea of a pot pie or bread scented candle.:)
PAB,

Is it the scent going through the air, or the actual burning of the candle that bothers your asthma? If it is the burning, maybe you could do what a friend of mine does. She puts candles that are in a jar on a coffee warmer. The room smells great, and she doesn't ever light it. The wax melts and remelts and lasts a long time.

:) Barbara

hmmm, it's a toss-up between homemade chicken and noodles, fried chicken, or spinach artichoke dip......... wait, what about hummus? mmmmmmmm

Andy M. this is a gripe of mine!!!
11.gif
Why cant someone make a scent of BBQ for a womans perfume?!!! I cant even imagine how excited I would be! :rolleyes:

hmmm might I suggest maybe visiting your friendly local smokehouse waitresses.....
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Andy M. this is a gripe of mine!!!
11.gif
Why cant someone make a scent of BBQ for a womans perfume?!!! I cant even imagine how excited I would be! :rolleyes:

Barbara L said:
PAB,

Is it the scent going through the air, or the actual burning of the candle that bothers your asthma? If it is the burning, maybe you could do what a friend of mine does. She puts candles that are in a jar on a coffee warmer. The room smells great, and she doesn't ever light it. The wax melts and remelts and lasts a long time.

:) Barbara

Unfortunately, it's the scent. Anything strong smelling, like lotions, perfumes, etc will trigger an episode. I love the coffee warmer idea, though. I have a friend who works in an office that doesn't have the best smell so this is a great idea for her since they're not allowed to burn candles.

personally i'd stick with the sweet scents i.e. vanilla, cherry, mulberry etc...
but if i had to i think i'd choose a candle that smelled like a roast.

i can't remember where, probably one of the thousands of candle shops in pennsylvania that i've been to over the years, but i have seen some savory scented candles, like bbq, roasted garlic, and the like. i don't think they were big sellers.
the worst one that i've ever bought was balsam fir incense, ya know, supposed to smell like a christmas tree.
well, the problem lies in the fact that you have to light it. then it smells like a christmas tree on fire! kinda like a kids christmas morning nightmare. oh, the presents, oh the humanity...

BT:

You revived images of Chevy Chase in that Christmas Tree scene from Christmas Vacation!

Back
Top Bottom