Scented Duck tape for sale!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That will be much nicer when a kidnapper tapes your mouth shut.

You can close your eyes and focus on the scent of orange blossoms to lift your spirits and take your troubles away! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I saw scented Duck tape and could only think... Why???

Aunt Bea answered that. ;)

Remember not to use duct tape for ducts. It's not recommended for that. :mellow:

That will be much nicer when a kidnapper tapes your mouth shut.

This is one of my scary thoughts. Having my mouth taped shut. I do not breath well through my nose.
We had a person kidnapped here some years ago and they taped his face and suffocated the poor man. One scary way to go.
Worst part was, they did it for an SUV.

Remember not to use duct tape for ducts. It's not recommended for that. :mellow:

I thought thats what it was invented for? As it is duct tape and not duck tape.

:LOL: There is a foil tape that is actually designed for ducts.

That's the stuff. :)

Fabric based Duct tape dries out in time so air leaks occur so it doesn't cut the mustard as the saying goes.

(Anyone care to explain that saying?)

Guess you can always use duct tape to kidnap someone or to truss your roast duck if you don't mind the taste of glue. ;)

Fabric based Duct tape dries out in time so air leaks occur so it doesn't cut the mustard as the saying goes.

Guess you can always use duct tape to kidnap someone or to truss your roast duck if you don't mind the taste of glue. ;)

But in the meantime, your ducts will smell nice and orangey!

As much as I'd love an orangey smell some building codes demand the use of specific products. :(

I'm not one for being PC and demanding 100% efficiency from every aspect in life but you use what you have to and the foil backed tape is the better product.

Duct tape is great stuff but it simply isn't good for ducts. ;)

I've made many wallets and purses from duct tape, even taught classes! Back in the day, there was only silver and black. Still love the stuff!

Yeah, one would think so. But, it isn't good for ducts. It's also called "gaffer's tape".

:LOL: There is a foil tape that is actually designed for ducts.

I am a licensed contractor and I can assure you that duct tape is used for taping ductwork.
Now, professionals do not use the cheap colored tape thats sold in "Dollar General". But they do use duct tape as its much cheaper than foil tape.

There are many brands and good quality commercial grade duct tape is available and used by HVAC contractors every day.
In fact all my duct work here in my house is fabric based commercial duct tape.
These fabric tapes are "listed" for the purpose and if they were not, they would not pass inspection.

I personally keep a roll of foil tape around. Should I ever need to seal a duct, I would use it.
But to say duct tape is not for ducts would be wrong. But it must be listed for the application.
Foil tape is very expensive and many contractors just will not use it unless the customer is willing to pay more for it.

They also paint a sealer on the joints when complete in many cases. This eliminates the need for foil tape.
It also should be noted that some duct work is flexible and requires a certain tape be used with it. Mostly a gray colored fabric based duct tape listed for the application.
Metal duct work is a good application for foil tape. But there is no requirement for its use.

Last edited:
RB, you are talking about a professional level of "duct tape". Most of the stuff sold as "duct tape" is not good enough for ducts and that was what we were talking about. I'm pretty sure that was the stuff Zagut meant when he gave the warning.

Yes duct tape is used in many places for ducts.

But it dries out and leaks with time. If I had a nickel for all the failed duct taped joints I've seen in my 35 years of renovations I'd be a rich man.

Codes vary from place to place.

Here there is a requirement to use foil tape.
Duct tape on a duct is a fail from our inspectors. In some jurisdictions they are required to use certain brands of tape with specific certifications.
That mastic they paint on is good stuff and is used here too. But usually over foil tape.

I'm going to keep my eyes out for that orange scented stuff. Duct tape can fix about anything and now if that fix can smell nice too it's a winner all around. ;)

Back
Top Bottom