School Market Day Ideas Help please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
My daughter has got her school market day in 3 weeks and she must have homemade goodies to sell.
Last time I ended up making lucky packets, cupcakes and homemade lemonade.
It cost me a fortune and she ended selling the stuff at a loss because she got tired.

Any ideas for cheap homemade goods she can make would be welcome!
I'm broke as hell so no expensive goods.
Lemonade is out, we would have to buy bottled water and the lemons are out of season and expensive right now.
My oven is also not great for baking.

Chocolate Pretzels Recipe : Robin Miller : Recipes : Food Network

You could probably get this stuff from the dollar store?

the earlier post.. I guess I had halloween in my head!

OR.....Just a cheap box of brownies would work. People love brownies!
Tha banana bread would be good. When we did a breakfast for the facility I work at, my co- workers banana bread was the star of the day! (Assuming your oven could handle that stuff!)

Last edited:
Snip, I get brownie mix and delvis food cake mix on sale about 1.88 then with the cake mix I add mayo instead of oil and put them into a 13x9 cake pan, cut into 26 pieces and then into baggies from the 1.00 store all things I get there you come out ahead the brownies I add cinnamon,espresso powder, milk instead of water cut as i do the cake you will need to decide. But if you have a dollar store go there you'd be suprissed at what you 'll find. If you would like the recipes I'll PM you with them as well as the rose water, saffron ice cresm I've been hunting for.
kades (ma)

Snip?

How many goodies is she required to bring?

Any type of restrictions? We know how p/c schools are now. Some food items are banned at a few schools around here. We can't have the food police after her. :ohmy:

Snip?

How many goodies is she required to bring?

Any type of restrictions? We know how p/c schools are now. Some food items are banned at a few schools around here. We can't have the food police after her. :ohmy:

No particular amount. It's part of her exams. She must just bring homemade food items to sell and she gets marked on her marketing skills and the profit she makes etc.
She's in a SA government school, as long as the treats don't contain razor blades she'll be allowed to sell them :LOL:

Rice krispies treats are always a hit in our area. They are easy and cheap to make. Cereal, butter, marshmallows. I've seen them made with coco krispies as well as cheerios for variety. One year for preschool, I was responsible for snacks starting with the letter R. I made these and added some red food coloring to the mallow mix and made them red. With this in mind, you could maybe add some color and make them in her school colors or use the colors from your flag. If you'd like, I can post a recipe for some peanut butter/butterscotch ones too.

Rice krispies treats are always a hit in our area. They are easy and cheap to make. Cereal, butter, marshmallows. I've seen them made with coco krispies as well as cheerios for variety. One year for preschool, I was responsible for snacks starting with the letter R. I made these and added some red food coloring to the mallow mix and made them red. With this in mind, you could maybe add some color and make them in her school colors or use the colors from your flag. If you'd like, I can post a recipe for some peanut butter/butterscotch ones too.

Thank you :) This sounds like a good idea, please do send the other recipes.
I buy brand name cereal for cheap at the factory. They sell the cereal with damaged boxes for less than half the price. I have a contact there. it's all Kellog's.

No particular amount. It's part of her exams. She must just bring homemade food items to sell and she gets marked on her marketing skills and the profit she makes etc.
She's in a SA government school, as long as the treats don't contain razor blades she'll be allowed to sell them :LOL:
Well that leaves my suggestion out. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Just kidding, of course! I was going to mention Rice Krispie treats, but that has already been covered.

Fudge is also done on top of the stove and is always a big hit. Peanutbutter fudge is good too.

Rice Krispie Treats is a good idea. Kids love those. You could also get a package of Chocolate Almond Bark and some dollar store twist or rod hard pretzels. Melt the Almond Bark in the microwave and dip the pretzels in the warm bark. Let cool on wax paper. You can drizzle with melted white Almond Bark or sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles while the bark is still wet. It would take more time to prepare than Rice Krispie Treats but it would probably be different than what others are selling.

Snip I've been thinking how about checks cereal my kids love them and the recipe should be right on the box. They are NOT sweet and I use the whole box of the rice checks I have a recipe if you want me to send it along with the mayo cake recipe and the rose water saffron ice cream for you:LOL:
Let me know I will Pm you.
kades (ma)

Peanut Butter Treats (makes 24 squares)

1 12oz pkg butterscotch chips
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Combine the butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a large saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and add cereal. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into a buttered 9x13 pan. Chill and cut into squares.

You can melt the chips and peanut butter in the microwave also.

I have been looking for a good bb recipe, thanks CWS :)
Kylie--I HATE bananas, but I love this banana bread. It is amazing if you like moist banana bread. It is NOT like traditional banana bread. It is more like a sponge cake. And even more awesome if you add chocolate chips or walnuts or chopped dates. Use brown paper bags instead of parchment paper. That's what the chef who gave me the recipe told me. The ones on the Internet don't include that step. And you want really ripe bananas (that should tell you how much I like this bread--I hate the smell of bananas). I use a potato masher to mash them.

Heya Snip,

You've probably already read my PM.. Ditch it! :LOL:
Here's the idea I was working on. Waiting for them to finish chilling in the fridge. I'll post picks later tonight. It's just an idea. Thinking outside of the box. Recipe of the Week: Wild Bird’s Seed Wreath « Main Street Animal Services of Hopkinton

Technically the rules haven't specified feeding what? Why not feed the birds? I'll give one to my bird. If he gets "Snippy" I'll just say fine! Outside birds will like them.

It was very simple and cheap to make. Cookie cutters, lids from jars would work for molds to. You probably already have the ingredients on hand.

Raffia wrapped sandwich bags, tagged with a hand written card attached stating what it is. I'm sure it will sell like crazy. Why not feed the winter birds. It will take care of the marketing, she made it. :)

Munky.

Chocolate Pretzels Recipe : Robin Miller : Recipes : Food Network

You could probably get this stuff from the dollar store?

the earlier post.. I guess I had halloween in my head!

OR.....Just a cheap box of brownies would work. People love brownies!
Tha banana bread would be good. When we did a breakfast for the facility I work at, my co- workers banana bread was the star of the day! (Assuming your oven could handle that stuff!)

I vote for the chocolate-dipped pretzle sticks. I've seen them a few times, & thought about giving them as gifts.

How about some spooky truffles...

halloween truffles - Google Search

Back
Top Bottom