Scientists Study What Makes Indian Food So Delicious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Indian friends are modest, but I contend Indian cooks do more with spices and herbs to create amazing flavors than any other cuisine.

It's amazing to walk into an Indian market and look at and smell all the amazing spices and herbs.

My Indian friends are modest, but I contend Indian cooks do more with spices and herbs to create amazing flavors than any other cuisine.

It's amazing to walk into an Indian market and look at and smell all the amazing spices and herbs.

All about the Curries!!!

I read that article yesterday. Very interesting. Indian cooking breaks all the Western rules for combinations. They have their own rules. I'm trying to figure out how to apply this info to other styles of cooking.

I spent the day with the young lads. Their dad grew up in India. Their mom did not. As she likes to say, Indian cooking at home takes all day. The food is first cooked, and then cooked again with seasoning. Most people who can afford it, have s/one who does nothing but cook all day. We made pooris and gobi marsala today. The pooris took about 2 hours, the gobi about an hour. I am exhausted! Lunch was pooris with a potato-chickpea filling, topped with tamarind sauce, yogurt, and some spices. The filling was s/thing my friend made in advance.

Not that I use a lot of seasonings, as my go to cousine is Ukrainian and there were not that many herbs or seasonings available. Most famous joke in my house is "The salt is exotic spice". However I instinctively feel that it is the opposite of flavors that should be paired, specifically to improve the taste otherwise what's the point.

Tech arvise needed

I have an old iPad, that stopped charging. It needs to be replaced. I am looking at the new iPad Air or iPad Air 2. What do you suggest ? The use is casual, home, kids, internet, Google maps sometimes for directions. That's it.

I have an old iPad, that stopped charging. It needs to be replaced. I am looking at the new iPad Air or iPad Air 2. What do you suggest ? The use is casual, home, kids, internet, Google maps sometimes for directions. That's it.

I really like my iPad Air. It's a lot lighter than my original iPad, has a great camera, and with the LTE feature, can be used anywhere. My old iPad that I kept as a backup just feels clunky and slow in comparison.

Just don't tell my DH how much I prefer it, he'll want one too. He still has his original.

Last edited:
OOps, I thought I started new thread for this. Need to separate this question from the original thread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom