"Score" once again for Goodwill!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I was in one of our area Goodwill stores yesterday looking for a specific item, which I did find. But...as I was walking through the store I spied a shopping cart near the employee only door and discovered it was filled with items that were yet to be put on the shelves.

A few weeks ago, Glenn and I had to do some fencing work (about 50 feet of replacement fence to keep Sparky from going to China) and it was wet, mucky wet. I put on my trusty waterproof boots that I think came on the Mayflower and proceed to get to work.

Well, they were a wonderful pair of L.L. Bean boots I'd bought at a thrift store over 20 years ago and had darned near worn the life out of them. As it turned out I ended their life with the fencing job. Crap. Loved those boots. Oh, well. That's how it goes.

Then...enter yesterday's visit to Goodwill. In the aforementioned cart there was a pair of Timberland steel toe, waterproof boots. In my size. I tried them on and, yeah, they were perfect. I don't think they were ever worn. No sole wear/discoloration, leather was pristine, nothing wrong AT ALL! Straight into my cart they went. $4 later they were mine.

When I arrived home I checked on them and discovered they retailed at $153. I am a happy camper and can fence any time I want without any risk of hurting my tootsies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom