Screen names and Avatars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The same reason my tongue is hanging out... I can smell chocolate that I can't get to.

It must have been the leftover aroma from the wonderful molten chocolate cakes I made last night. The recipe says it serves 8 but three of us polished it off nicely! Sorry Pacanis, if I had known I would have saved the fourth one for you!

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. You have inspired me! I usually paint 8-10 hours a day, but haven't painted for a few weeks. I just got my brushes and paints out to finish a painting that has been languishing........

Oh babetoo, thank you so much. I do sell my paintings (the one I posted is sold and living in California somewhere), but only though a gallery here. Shipping from Mexico is a challenge, so I have not tried to sell them online. Perhaps you will just have to come and visit us??

I echo everyone else's remarks on your painting Karen.... I love the use of color and shapes... AWESOME!

Karen, your painting is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Sattie, given your real name, well, I liked your explanation, especially the blau blau blau part, it made me laugh.:LOL:

My screen name means the same thing as my real name and I have a snow flake for an avatar because I like snow in november and december, especially for Christmas.

Oh babetoo, thank you so much. I do sell my paintings (the one I posted is sold and living in California somewhere), but only though a gallery here. Shipping from Mexico is a challenge, so I have not tried to sell them online. Perhaps you will just have to come and visit us??

would love to do that, just not practical for me.

maybe u will come to states one day.

babe:mellow::mellow:

What a fun piece, Karen! Is it a large piece? I would imagine. How it must change in different light.

Getting back to Adillo303's question of 5/08 (I haven't revisited this thread in days) No, the truck was a ford F250, 351 engine, duel gas tanks, snow plow, lift kit, 4x4, w/airhorn. My toy. I got rid of it when I came down here, but used to drive down here 2 times a year, knew alot of truckers from my job, and would cb all the way down (1500 miles), only stopping for a catnap in Roanoke Rapids, N.C., and gas, of course. The truckers would tease me and say, "hey Jersey, what cha doin down here with that snowplow?"
(only the frame was on of course-no blade)
I'd say "see. Shows how much you know, it's a sand plow".
Well I stopped saying that when I parked in a gas station parking lot (sand) and even in 4 wheel couldn't get out.
The truck was so front heavy I had to be pulled out.
I am glad I don't have to pay for the gas to fill it today.

Pacanis, no, no scateboarding since the originals in the '60. The boards nowadays are 2-3 times wider and alot longer than the ones we had. We never did the stunts they do today either. SCARY STUFF!

Funny story about a skateboard. I was helping our youth group with a "garage sale" fundraiser in our church gym. One of the guys had a skateboard and I told them how I used to love skateboarding but they were a lot different then. The guys convince me to get on this one and they will hold me up just to see the difference. Well, they let go for about a half a second and I go over backwards and hit my head on the cement. The only thing really hurt was my pride. Moral of this story - don't let crippled middle aged women on skateboards. :LOL::ROFLMAO::angel:

Ouch, ouwee, ouch! So sorry! I'd be tempted too! Not crippled yet, but I bet I'd wind up that way.

See, pacanis, there are other dinos out there beside me. We may be fading fast, but don't under-estimate us quite yet.

The older I get the more I become myself!

Ouch, ouwee, ouch! So sorry! I'd be tempted too! Not crippled yet, but I bet I'd wind up that way.

See, pacanis, there are other dinos out there beside me. We may be fading fast, but don't under-estimate us quite yet.

The older I get the more I become myself!
Don't worry quicksilver, I am not THAT crippled, just some arthritis back then - it was before my leg decided to give me major problems. But yes, us "old fogees" still have some youth in us yet!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom