"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #41
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adillo303 View Post
Jeeks - While questions ar being asked - Is I can has cheeze burger your site?
Either way, I'm surprised my "Marie Catoinette" lolcat made it to the front page!

"Dr. Thunder" is the Wal-Mart brand of spicy cherry soda. In high school my friends and I determined it was far better than Dr. Pepper, and it became the trombone section's drink of choice. I grew attached to the color of the labels which was the same as my GMC Safari, which we later dubbed "ThunderVan".

When I signed up for AIM in 1999 or 2000, "DrThunder" was already taken, so I used my favorite number, eight, onto the end...only to find "DrThunder8" was also taken. DrThunder88 was one of the suggested alternatives and I stuck to it.

My avatar is the Robot Devil from Futurama, one of my favorite shows of all time. I've used it since 2001 when I joined a Futurama message board, and it's been my avatar at every message board I've gone to since then. I don't know why exactly I picked it. I frequently am as sardonic as the facial expression indicates, though.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
I didn't post an avatar as when I was a mod on another site, I found all the avatars used up my internet account too much cos I had a lot of uploading to do. (By not showing them I saved big $$.) So when I joined this site, I just didn't bother. As the uploading is no longer a problem, when I eventually unpack my digital camera that I got a couple of Christmasses ago, I might put up a photo of my cat(s) - if they sit still (facing front) long enough. Most of the photos I have of any of my cats indicate their views on photography!! ;-)

As to the moniker, as I was joining an overseas site, I wanted a name that was very much Australian, which a Bilby is - it is a native marsupial which we now use instead of the rabbit at Easter (Easter Bilbies). It didn't occur to me that people would assume I was male but when that did happen, I didn't worry about it cos I thought that was possibly a good thing!
Whoa! You've educated me, Bilby. So much to have stuffed in my head for trivia purposes.

Can't wait to see your kitty avatar. I loooooove kitties.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #43
Executive Chef

This is a photo of a tray of chocolate Easter Bilbies.

Katie E, I will see how I go with the camera. I moved it onto the table a feww months ago to encourage me to open the box but still it sits there... [And what can I tell you, I'm a generous person - I share the useless info I have!!]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moulds_moving.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	4025  
Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #44
Senior Cook

This is interesting! I've often wondered too, how people come up with their usernames. Mine isn't very original or creative... it's just the name of my cooking blog and my avatar is a piece of some cheesecake that was to die for. The extra little 'blob' on the plate is a mini piece of cheesecake from my daughter's mini springform pan.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:53 PM   #45
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
This is a photo of a tray of chocolate Easter Bilbies.

Katie E, I will see how I go with the camera. I moved it onto the table a feww months ago to encourage me to open the box but still it sits there... [And what can I tell you, I'm a generous person - I share the useless info I have!!]
These are way cuter than our Easter Bunnies

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #46
Senior Cook

Nancy Jane because that is my name. I've never liked it. I've always wanted to change it to Anastasia. My mother's name was Antonia. I always loved her name. Well, my BF finally convinced me to tell him my middle name and now he always calls me Nancy Jane. It's growing on me. Sort of Victorian and sort of, I don't know, lady-like? Maybe I'm finally growing into it.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:30 AM   #47
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Jane View Post
Nancy Jane because that is my name. I've never liked it. I've always wanted to change it to Anastasia. My mother's name was Antonia. I always loved her name. Well, my BF finally convinced me to tell him my middle name and now he always calls me Nancy Jane. It's growing on me. Sort of Victorian and sort of, I don't know, lady-like? Maybe I'm finally growing into it.
My daughter's name is Nancy Jean. Every once in awhile, as she grew up, I would call her Nancy Jeanie Beanie. It drove her nuts of course. Then a few years ago I received an invitation from a birthday reminder site from Nancy, but she had listed her first name as Nancy Jeanie and her last name as Jeanie Beanie. So now every September I get a reminder that it is almost Nancy Jeanie Jeanie Beanie's birthday!

DrThunder, you mentioned why you have the 88 on your name. Several years ago, before James and I married, I had an Excite email account. I was able to choose my user name, but they automatically added a number, so I became BarbaraP18. I sometimes used chat back then, and I was extremely popular with all the guys--until they found out I wasn't really 18!

Barbara
Old 05-08-2008, 02:38 AM   #48
Executive Chef

Mine was my C.B. handle. I had a big silver pickup truck and it had some real power - hence-

Quicksilver....................................... ......................

Old 05-08-2008, 05:35 AM   #49
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Quicksilver - Is that a Dodge I see there? If so was it a diesel?
AC
Old 05-08-2008, 06:19 AM   #50
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Mine is my name and the abbreviation for where I live. The picture is Ali (pronounced ahlee) one of our 5 wonderful dogs!