Screen names and Avatars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
Looking over the site, Some of people's screen names and why they chose them make perfect sense, Others do not. With Avitars, it is sometimes easy to understand why a person chose a certain avitar and sometimes one wonders the significance.

Anyway, I thought it might make an interesting thread, so here goes.

Adillo303 - I wotk at a company named Armadillo Services and it is at 303 Fifth Avenue in NYC. This also explains the avitar which is a hand drawing given to me along with my collection of varouus armadillos that I have recieved over time.

My avatar is a jalapeño pepper that my brother grew. I let it sit around the kitchen and it turned this great red color. I used that for a series of photos I took of the peppers sitting in snow in the winter. Here is a larger version.

Attachments

• SnowPepper01-vi.jpg
    SnowPepper01-vi.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 197
welise86....my first name is whitney my middle name is elise and my year of birth is 1986....pretty simple I guess

When I worked in the real world, I spoke to our salesmen all over the country on the phone. You got to "know them after awhile. One used to always say "Suzie Quzie how are usie?" and I guess it sorta stuck in my head.

The pic changes time to time, not often, usually my kids.

Thank you for that fictionalized piece of movie history Andy :huh:
So what's the real reason you chose Andy M.?
:-p

pa, cuz I live in PA, canis, cuz I like dogs :)

Thank you for that fictionalized piece of movie history Andy :huh:
So what's the real reason you chose Andy M.?
:-p

pa, cuz I live in PA, canis, cuz I like dogs :)

Good to know. I was separating your name one letter to the right...:ohmy:

Good to know. I was separating your name one letter to the right...:ohmy:

uhh, spelled different I believe....
You..... :LOL:

But that's OK. Maverick is always calling me picanis.
Then there's the occassional pancanis, which kind of fits in with the site.

The link is to an earlier thread on origins of user names.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/your-user-name-35810.html

My avatar pic is of "water steps" in a park in Montreal.
I always wondered what your avatar picture was. Being so small, it always looked like a street curb in the rain!

At most sites I go by Barbarian57, at my sweepstakes site I am "Already a Winner" (because I have already won James's heart), and at a writing message board I am Hannah Andrews (my grandkids are Andrew and Hannah). I decided to keep it plain and simple (and avoid everyone assuming I am a guy, which is what a lot of people assume of someone named Barbarian57--you'd be amazed how many "male enhancement" and "would you like to date a hot girl" emails I get!) by using my first name and last initial.

My avatar is my (now passed on) cat Annette (I had dropped my tape measure on her, and she just sat there with it draped over her, looking adorable).

:)Barbara

I used to have the cranium protected cat, but he and I had a little fall out one day.

I wondered about where the cat went. I understand pet fallouts. Last Sunday, my "Boys" stole my Sourdough as it was on it's last rising. My only consoolation was that they got an upset stomach. I still felt bad for them. My labs are lovable, but, Oh so mischievous.

Pdswife...

Pretty darn sweet
Pretty darn smart
Pretty darn s ex y

depending on the time of day

also PDS are my husbands initials

Greek Flag because Hubby is Greek and I love Greek food

My screen name is explained in the other thread & then I usually use a family photo for the avatar. Current one is DW & kids building a snaowman (at Easter) at in in laws house - so our dog & theirs.

Screen name is....my name. Well, nickname I've had since I was a wee one.

My avatar is my baby, Ashley. He's a real momma's boy and loves his nightly before bedtime brushing. His momma was a gray tabby. Daddy? Had to be some Siamese in the gene pool. Ashely has the most beautiful blue eyes. He could be a twin to our now deceased Miss Topaz, who was Himalayan.

Years ago I was signing up on a Mustang site. I entered numerous user names that had already been taken.

I looked at the wall where my Martin Warthog compound bow was hanging. I was tired of trying user names .....

And there are other ... things ... that are called Warthog that aren't completely accurate or inaccurate in reference to me.

I started getting too many questions asking if I were an A-10 vet so I shortened it to Wart. Not completely inaccurate.

Before Wart I used username Fusion but many thought I was referencing music and not a fire ball.

The avitar is the 20 pound cat. Licking chops in a food forum seemed appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom