Second wedding anniversary gift idea for him!!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maria

Cook
I wanted to gift my hubby a personalised gift on our 2nd wedding anniversary which is in a few days from now. By personalised gift, i mean, a figurine-a man and women in arms, or something like it, with our names and my message engraved on it. Can i get it from somewhere in Canada or outside in less than 40 canadian dollars total cost? If yes, gimme links where i can buy it either online or from the shop.
Or can you guys suggest me a nice romantic gift for him which i can give him, and which will always remind him of me whenever he uses it, or looks at it, and which will be close to his heart always..
I live in Canada and i prefer to buy the gift from Canada, and not from outside, as it would increase the cost by the extra shipping charges if i buy it from outside Canada.
Suggest me please with informative links..

Saran wrap!

Wrap yourself up in it, I gurantee everytime he sees or uses saran wrap he will think of you!! hehe

Not sure, I am not good at gifts, obviously, so I hope you get some good ideas!!

I second that. wrap your self in a gift wrap paper, add a card if you wish,

Really hate to sound nasty, but i would love that. Who needs gifts. I can't remember anything I've got for gifts last 15 years and 7 before that. I know I was happy with whatever it was I got, but for a life of me I don't remember what it was. So why waist money. Jusy make man happy, if you know what I mean.

One year I printed Elizabeth Barrett Browning's poem " How Do I Love Thee Let Me Count The Ways" in nice print on some good quality card and framed it in a really nice frame and gave it to DH to have on his desk.

Poets.org - Poetry, Poems, Bios & More - How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)

or you could get a double frame and have the poem on one side and a picture of you on the other side, next to it. :) or there's this Bette Midler song

You Are The Reason
You are the dawn of every day to me,
The hope that sees me through,
The light that guides the way for me,
The love that's always true.
You are the joy that fills the heart of me,
The dreams I'm dreaming of,
You'll always be a part of me,
You'll always be my love.
You are the reason for my tomorrows,
You are the reason for today,
You are the reason for my life’s living,
You are the reason my life's complete.
You are the joy I have come to know,
The comfort I depend on,
You are the friend I share my dreams with,
You are the reason.

or this one
The Rose

~ Bette Midler
Some say love, it is a river
that drowns the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say love, it is a hunger,
an endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower,
and you it's only seed.
It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance.
It's the dream afraid of waking
that never takes the chance.
It's the one who won't be taken,
who cannot seem to give,
and the soul afraid of dyin'
that never learns to live.
When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been to long,
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong,
just remember in the winter
far beneath the winter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes the rose.

Last edited:
for something he will always have with him..a watch (or pocket watch) with something engraved on it..or a glam shot or a photo of you for his wallet. You could even get him a ring or some sort of ID bracelet engraved on the back. Engraved lighter if he smokes.
Look on stores in your area web sites for figurines.

Thanks for the very good replies guys !
I liked the ideas, they r interesting, and i really loved the idea of a wrist watch with something engraved on it.. I wonder if i can get one from Canada.. It would be the perfect gift!
Someone here knows about an online store in Canada or a mall, where i can a get a wrist watch engraved with my message?! Please!!

where in canada are you? any decent size mall will have engraving service. Watch you can pick up anywhere.

I forgot to mention a gift I got.

My wife sent in a picture of the 2 of us and had them draw a cartoon picture. The picture was of us at the beach, me with big muscles and her all sexy. It was really cute and I look at it every day. I think it is about 11x14 in size.

I will try to find out where it was done tomorrow and let you know.

Check your local phone book for personalized gifts or engraved gifts. That should turn up something. If your anniversary is in a few days, I don't think you have time to order something online, unless you pay a rush delivery fee.

Back
Top Bottom