Secret Santa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cartwheelmac

This year on Valentines day our family did a secret valentine. Everybody drew names out of a basket and made a valentine for the person whose name they drew. We are also doing this for Christmas, like a Secret Santa. Thought someone might like the idea.

Grace:)

P.S. I came in here and was embarrassed because I had to spell check her! Cameron

Last edited:
Well, I like the idea. My family has done this every so often. But I find it hard to shop for the person I get. Whom ever it is this year I getting them "Homer" slippers. :glare:

We do this at work. We actually have 2 types. We do Secret Pals, which lasts through the school year, and at Christmas we do Secret Santas for a week. Some (like me) do both, and some just do one kind.

:) Barbara

we did this at work to... in Germany its called "wichteln".. translation is difficult.. should be something like "gnoming" :mrgreen:
best variation is "Schrottwichteln" ("crap gnoming":cool: ).. everyone looks for something you don`t need anymore and that is just lying around catching dust... you put into a bag and everyone takes out a parcel.. maybe someone else likes what you don`t...

I get real excited about these because with our family I would rather get and give one present :ROFLMAO:instead of receiving and giving 11 (11 presents. Not fun).:mad:

Cameron

We do this at work. All of us give the office manager a list of 5 things within the limit and she will post the list of everyone by the time clock so we can look at who we have without them seeing. That way, everyone gets something that we know they will like.
With my family, we do the white elephant game. It can get hilarious when we steal the gifts from each other. We have done it for 4 years now. As for the kids. They bring their stockings and we each get stuff from the dollar store and the kids have very full stocking with all types of things that they love.

We are also doing this for Boxing Day which the point of that is to give a present in a box!

Cameron

texasgirl said:
We do this at work. All of us give the office manager a list of 5 things within the limit and she will post the list of everyone by the time clock so we can look at who we have without them seeing. That way, everyone gets something that we know they will like.
With my family, we do the white elephant game. It can get hilarious when we steal the gifts from each other. We have done it for 4 years now. As for the kids. They bring their stockings and we each get stuff from the dollar store and the kids have very full stocking with all types of things that they love.

I love the stocking idea Texas. The kids must have a blast looking at all the neat things. :):)

we did this when i was young too, cam. otherwise, you'd end up buying something really good for one sibling, and crappy stuff for others, and eventually there's a fight.
ahhhh, christmas.

We also do this at work. Since I am the only jewish person, I have made up Chanukah Harry, so it's Secret Harry for me :LOL:

i want lmw80 for my secret harry/santa. that way i get presents for an entire week!
do you help decorate a hannukah bush as well?

If we want this to work, we have to get going, Christmas is not so far away. So what are the rules?Who's chosing our secret santas for us? Admin? what do you guys think?

I don't know how it could work unless we used e-cards!

Cameron

Back
Top Bottom