"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Secret Santa Reveal and Thank You Thread

I think most of us have done this as we went along, but for those who participated in our Secret Santa, go ahead and let everyone know who you bought for here. Also, we can never thank others enough, so we can use this thread as a place to formally thank our Secret Santas. Deelady, I hope you get your gift soon so that you will be able to share what you received with us!

Barbara

Old 12-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Traveling Welcome Wagon

First, I would like to thank Stacy (Texasgirl) for the beautiful kitty musical figurine. It plays the cutest song, which goes perfectly with the little kitties trying to devise a way to get the goldfish from the fishbowl, "With a Little Bit of Luck!"

I felt so honored to be given Katie E to buy for. I had a specific thing in mind to give her, but I wasn't able to find it for her. What I wanted to find was a small porch swing with a picture frame in it, or a picture frame with a porch swing motif, for her to display a picture of her and Buck (because of their nights sitting in the porch swing together, looking at the stars and kitties, and sharing about their day and their life together). Since I couldn't find that, I used the clues she gave in her responses to the questions we were each asked, plus some of my own ideas. I am so glad that she was pleased with my choices.

Barbara
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Music Box 1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	6523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Music Box 2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	6524  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Music Box 3.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	6525   Click image for larger version

Name:	Music Box 4.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	6526  

Old 12-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
My THANK YOU goes to Qsis!!
I'm now a big fan of brown bread!! It's Yummy!!! She also sent a great cookbook!

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Yep, Barbara L was my Secret Santa and I love all my gifts. I hope to make the candies last until 2009. Everything else was perfect.

I was sattie's Secret Santa and I had a great time selecting and assembling her package. I really needed someone to pamper this Christmas since Buck is gone. I'll let her tell you what was in the box.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
Master Chef

Miss Katie E was my Secret Santa. I was the recipient of some wonderful soup mugs (which is perfect for the season), and on each mug is a recipe for soup. Also included was a jar of dried legumes which turned out to be one of Buck's favorite soups. Thank you Katie for sharing that recipe with me, I just so happen to have a hamhock on hand!!!! :) Thanks Katie and I love you!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
Head Chef

Mikki was my Secret Santa and she did a magnificent job shopping for me! Here's my post and picture from the other thread An idea just for fun

Michelle, my brother just bought 9 pounds of chicken wings, so we've got a mess of Buffalo wings coming up soon!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much, again!

Lee
Old 12-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
Master Chef

Jennifer (jeninga 75) sent me a fancy jar of peppers in colors that coordinate beautifully with my Fiesta dishes!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
Head Chef

jpmcgrew (Jackie) sent me my gift - a beautiful jewelled horse that matches my decor wonderfully! Thank you so much Jackie - it is sitting on one of my end tables now :)

I was Mikki's secret santa, and I'm glad I was able to lift her heart up!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:27 AM   #9
Contest Winner

Nicahawk was my Secret Santa and gave me a Beautiful Chop Toppers glass cutting board and a Great Sharpkut II Carve & Serve knife to go with it. I am so Happy with my Gifts Thank You Again Nicahawk.

And Thank You Alix and Everyone for going along with this, It was just like we all sat down together as one Happy Family.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2008, 07:44 AM   #10
Master Chef

Marigene was my santa and I love the measuring spoons and dipping sauce seasonings!! The little bowls that go with it are perfect!!

Barbara, I'm glad that you like the kitties! I looked at several and than one just leaped out at me!!