"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
Master Chef

Selfish Wants

Alright, we all know that this site is populated with pretty decent, and mostly extraordinary folks. For instance, I would never want something that benefits me if it were going to inconveniance or harm someone else, at least not knowingly. But that being said, I too am human, with a desire for some of the finer material things in life, even if I know they are now, and probably forever will be beyond my range. I tend to sink every resource into my family.

So this post is to give in to that desire, to dream the absurd. What is it you would love to have; and this is material want, not something like peace for the world. We all know that we want those ggod for everyone things in our heart of hearts. But these are your secret, or not so secret wants, just for you. You get 6 wants. Make 'em good.

My fondest desires:

1. Porche Turbo Careera GT1

2. House in the North woods with a great trout stream running next to it, and no lawn to maintain, just hardwoods with a sprinkling of spruce and pine.

3. My 21 year-old body, but without the need for glasses.

4. BowTech top-of-the-line bow, 70# pull with 80% let-off.

5. a good 16 to 17 foot open hulled aluminum boat with a water-jet propulsion motor that runs a very shallow draft, strong enough for both fishing and water-skiing.

6. A very sporty touring motorcycle, or a Yamaha Vmax.

Ok. So now it's your turn. What do you want in your little selfish moments?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
Everymom

Hmmm. Gonna have to think about this one a bit Goodweed. Off the top of my head the only thing that comes to mind is my body pre-childbearing. I'll think of something else in a bit. I liked your list.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
Sous Chef

I too will be back to post... my main thing though is a house with little/no mortgage payments.
Good thread topic...sometimes we need to express the things that we want for ourselves!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

I will possibly post more later, but for starters I would like a trimaran sailboat. One large enough that I could sleep a few people on. I would also like a house on the ocean or a very large lake when I could keep it. Someplace tropical would be ideal.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to stinemates Send a message via MSN to stinemates Send a message via Yahoo to stinemates Send a message via Skype™ to stinemates
I'd like to have a house out in the woods with an incredible gourmet kitchen where I can 'pluck' wildlife like a garden (even fish!) and REALLY fast internet, with my fantastic wife and soon to be daughter.

Everything else... who cares? :D
Old 12-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
Head Chef

I would like a 2007 Honda Accord 2-door couple with a navigation system and 6 cylinders. I would also like a check for about $35,000 to pay for it.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I would like a fully restored 1967 Oldsmobile Toronado. Gun metal grey with black vinyl top and grey velour interior. Just for starters. I'll post more later.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #8
Executive Chef

My thoughts are similar to some who have already posted.

A paid mortgage/or little payments to go.

A house on the ocean near Old Orchard Beach, Maine

A sporty car such as an mg, corvette, eclipse, or mustang

Enough money to retire comfortably

Not sure about the other two just yet so I'll have to get back to you. Good thread though!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:56 PM   #9
Executive Chef

I must be more content than I thought - I didn't see anything in any of the lists that appealed to me. We do have a house in the woods on acreage (paid for) no debts, I've been to Europe. My family is healthy and the ones who need to be working have good jobs. I've just had a wonderful Christmas with both my children and grandchildren. We are retired and have plenty to do to keep us happy and alert, so I suppose my fondest wish is to be able to continue as much as possible at the pace we've been going and perhaps to be able to finish more of the work at the farm. We still need to insulate the farmhouse. I do want to lose 15 pounds this year, but that is my own fault. We aren't wealthy, but we are blessed.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #10
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I would like our house and property to be paid off (We're about 5 1/2 years from it now). I would like a nice house with lots of storage and lots of great living space (including a state-of-the-art kitchen, home theater, and game room with a pool table, and swimming pool outside) built on our lot and another built in California (near my family but in the country). Or just the house in California. Plus vacation homes in Iowa (where James is from) and one near my sis in Edmonton. Enough money to be able to quit work and travel when we want, and enough to live comfortably but still be able to help others in need. Since I would probably over-do it with delicious food for awhile, I would also need a personal trainer. LOL And since this is all fantasy anyway, of course I would want my thin, healthier body back.

Barbara