Selfish Wants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Alright, we all know that this site is populated with pretty decent, and mostly extraordinary folks. For instance, I would never want something that benefits me if it were going to inconveniance or harm someone else, at least not knowingly. But that being said, I too am human, with a desire for some of the finer material things in life, even if I know they are now, and probably forever will be beyond my range. I tend to sink every resource into my family.:)

So this post is to give in to that desire, to dream the absurd. What is it you would love to have; and this is material want, not something like peace for the world. We all know that we want those ggod for everyone things in our heart of hearts. But these are your secret, or not so secret wants, just for you. You get 6 wants. Make 'em good.

My fondest desires:

1. Porche Turbo Careera GT1

2. House in the North woods with a great trout stream running next to it, and no lawn to maintain, just hardwoods with a sprinkling of spruce and pine.

3. My 21 year-old body, but without the need for glasses.

4. BowTech top-of-the-line bow, 70# pull with 80% let-off.

5. a good 16 to 17 foot open hulled aluminum boat with a water-jet propulsion motor that runs a very shallow draft, strong enough for both fishing and water-skiing.

6. A very sporty touring motorcycle, or a Yamaha Vmax.

Ok. So now it's your turn. What do you want in your little selfish moments?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Hmmm. Gonna have to think about this one a bit Goodweed. Off the top of my head the only thing that comes to mind is my body pre-childbearing. I'll think of something else in a bit. I liked your list.

I too will be back to post... my main thing though is a house with little/no mortgage payments.
Good thread topic...sometimes we need to express the things that we want for ourselves!;)

I will possibly post more later, but for starters I would like a trimaran sailboat. One large enough that I could sleep a few people on. I would also like a house on the ocean or a very large lake when I could keep it. Someplace tropical would be ideal.

I'd like to have a house out in the woods with an incredible gourmet kitchen where I can 'pluck' wildlife like a garden (even fish!) and REALLY fast internet, with my fantastic wife and soon to be daughter.

Everything else... who cares? :D

I would like a 2007 Honda Accord 2-door couple with a navigation system and 6 cylinders. I would also like a check for about $35,000 to pay for it.

My thoughts are similar to some who have already posted.

A paid mortgage/or little payments to go.

A house on the ocean near Old Orchard Beach, Maine

A sporty car such as an mg, corvette, eclipse, or mustang

Enough money to retire comfortably

Not sure about the other two just yet so I'll have to get back to you. Good thread though!

I must be more content than I thought - I didn't see anything in any of the lists that appealed to me. We do have a house in the woods on acreage (paid for) no debts, I've been to Europe. My family is healthy and the ones who need to be working have good jobs. I've just had a wonderful Christmas with both my children and grandchildren. We are retired and have plenty to do to keep us happy and alert, so I suppose my fondest wish is to be able to continue as much as possible at the pace we've been going and perhaps to be able to finish more of the work at the farm. We still need to insulate the farmhouse. I do want to lose 15 pounds this year, but that is my own fault. We aren't wealthy, but we are blessed.

I would like our house and property to be paid off (We're about 5 1/2 years from it now). I would like a nice house with lots of storage and lots of great living space (including a state-of-the-art kitchen, home theater, and game room with a pool table, and swimming pool outside) built on our lot and another built in California (near my family but in the country). Or just the house in California. :) Plus vacation homes in Iowa (where James is from) and one near my sis in Edmonton. :cool: Enough money to be able to quit work and travel when we want, and enough to live comfortably but still be able to help others in need. Since I would probably over-do it with delicious food for awhile, I would also need a personal trainer. LOL And since this is all fantasy anyway, of course I would want my thin, healthier body back. :rolleyes:

:) Barbara

I'd like just two things:

Good health enabling me to live a long and enjoyable life
The biggest lottery win in the history of man

Give me those two things and I'll take care of the rest.

Ahhhhhhhhhh........ Eva Longoria OR Avril Lavinge. :brows: I just want to know, for science ANNNND frekin' humanity, what makes them successful in todays culture. I do this for YOU! :mad:

I want what Andy wants........

A good, long, happy and healthy life for me and my family and the biggest lottery win in the history of mankind.

When it comes to material things, Kim and I have fairly simple needs. We really have just about everything we really want or need, and everything is paid for. He is retired now, and Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, we have plenty set aside to support us.

HOWEVER...if we should win the lottery, we would treat ourselves to a few more ammenities:

A house on the ocean...and another in the mountains, next to a stream where Kim could fish for trout...
a red Ferrari for him to drive me around in...a fancy pick-em-up truck for his own use...and my own golf cart for getting around the property.
I'd buy up the land around me so no one could spoil it, and hire a a full-time maid and yard man.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Wasabi what if I can offer a sushi roll that would make you TOTALLY happy for at LEAST 2 days? :)

img_376369_0_c36f8843e537e774213ba68c81d7056e.jpg
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Wasabi what if I can offer a sushi roll that would make you TOTALLY happy for at LEAST 2 days? :)
Would that be a DEADLY SUSHI roll? Wasabi--do you have your red wig and stick-on freckles handy? :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

:) Barbara

Ok, I have thought about this and this is what I came up with:

1.) I want to design my own house and have anything I want put in it. (Is that two?) The property HAS to be near the ocean, I am thinking South Carolina.

2.) To get married and have a beautiful wedding on the beach

3.) A house and all the furnishings for my mom so she and my eight year old sister can be down south with me.

4.) A trip to the following places: Germany( to test out how fast my car can go on the Audobahn), Italy, Greece, Egypt, Scotland, England, Mexico, Turks and Cacos, the Bahamas and I believe that's it.

5.) Anything my boyfriend wants. He is absolutely amazing and deserves something he really wants.

6.) The money to pay for all of the above plus have a little saved up in case anything serious happens.

;)Is this too much to ask?!?:-p

Last edited:
Lets rehash what the original thread said, your suppose to come up with six things (material) for yourself. We all want things for others so those of you that said things about others, keep thinking of "material" things. At least I think this was goodweeds' intention of this thread?;)

Back
Top Bottom