Sell on Ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have You Ever Sold Anything on Ebay?

• Yes and I didnt care for it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't sold anything.. but my son sure has. He's getting rich off ebay.

I'm getting poor.. all I do is buy.

We've never had any luck with Garage Sales, more hassle than it's worth really.

We have been putting off our last yard sale for the last 15 years (boy talk about procrastination) so this year, I opened a dedicated bank account just for Ebay (that way if anyone hacks into it they won't get much if anything at all LOL!) and started putting all this junk on there. I've already cleared almost $200.00 and that's just on old Vaccuum Tubes and Radio Parts.

Best darn garage sale we've ever had ha ha.

Anything that dosen't sell on Ebay goes either to Freecycle or Salvation Army.

~ Raven ~

no, i just give things i'm not using away 99% of the time. if its re-sale value is around $50 or more, i'll sometimes sell it but i just place ads in a free circular ad that we get. there's a new re-sale shop that just opened up. (i got some pretty cool stuff there, too.)
i did sell something over the internet once, but that was to a couple i was already buddies with. i was more then happy to do business with them and am glad i did.:)

Last edited:
Hi luvs! :cool:

Yeah, we buy and sell. We have bought everything from jewelry to DVDs to our latest car. We have sold a few things. We bought a bronze box for 50 cents at a yard sale and sold it for almost $90.

:) Barbara

Isn't it great to watch the bidding on ebay go up UP and UP even higher.
People are so silly about how much they'll pay for things.

Yeah, some people are nuts. We don't have money to play with, so we take our bids seriously. I would love to find some crazy thing around the house to put up for auction and see if anyone bids on it. Like the guy who sold his favorite "air" guitar!

My son works at Safeway ( he got a promotion today!!!!) and a few years ago
they had a beer display that included a life size balloon type football player.
After the dislplay was taken down they gave him the man at no cost. They were just going to throw it away. Some idiot ( ok, he was prbly a very nice man) bid over 100$ for the silly thing!

I'm much too cheap to pay a cent more than the item is worth. I decide my FINAL bid before I place my first one.

I get pretty excited when I win. :)

We do the same thing. We decide our final bid first, but we usually (if possible) wait until near the end to actually place our highest bid. We've snuck in and gotten things at the last minute before, and we've had others sneak in and get them away from us at the last minute!

I Love Selling Things I am in the process of selling myself "BE NICE " That is your most important resource. Say a few prayers doesn't hurt LOL. :ohmy:

Anyway I love selling and buying stuff, But I really like fixing things. Old clocks and watches are fun to fix.:huh:

Ebay is Fun, Just remember to change your password on paypal if you have an account at least once a month !

Last edited:
I love ebay, we have bought tonnes of stuff and sold a couple of things. I like buying bulk lots of new toys or gadgets to use as prizes in my classroom. I bought my clothes dryer off ebay and we bought a slab of marble DH is going to put in the middle of the table he's building.

Barbara L said:
We do the same thing. We decide our final bid first, but we usually (if possible) wait until near the end to actually place our highest bid. We've snuck in and gotten things at the last minute before, and we've had others sneak in and get them away from us at the last minute!

Hee hee, that's called "Bid Sniping". Tough to do manually, but the concept behind the art is to be the last bid leaving no one else with enough time to up you.

They have a thing called Auction Sniper which you can set to sit and watch your auction then bid in the last few seconds of the auction. :mrgreen:

I tried it for the first time the other day and got a beautiful Chess board for $7.00 plus $10.00 shipping. I was willing to go as high as $20.00 if I had too, I figured $30.00 for a nice board was worth it. (conisdering the one I really want starts on Ebay at $50.00 :mrgreen:)

~ Raven ~

It's fun doing it manually though! lol We may have to check that out, as we want to get into it more now.

One reason I like waiting until the end is that, if you put your highest bid early, the prices can end up going up higher than they will otherwise. I couple times I ended up getting something at the last second because I just happened to find that item then. I think my fastest transaction was a B.C. (comics) mug and bowl. I discovered it, bid on it, and paid for it all within 2 minutes!

I've never sold anything on Ebay but hubby has sold a couple of things. My mom wants me to help her sell some of her dishes on there sometime.

I was thinking the same thing myself the other day jennyema .... but you know how it goes.

CC seemed she was more into shopping on eBay than anything else ... so perhaps she has found a new home more in line with what she really enjoys?

I thought you might enjoy this!

Attachments

• comic--ebay.jpg
    comic--ebay.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 208

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom