Semi spring/late winter weather in New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M3502

Assistant Cook
So does anyone have a menu they like to start cooking when the weather turns late winter early spring in New York? Low 60s weather? I want to start cleaning but the weather isn't fully there yet! (Neither is my menu!)

No, not really. I have a hard enough time planning what to eat around my own state's weather.

So does anyone have a menu they like to start cooking when the weather turns late winter early spring in New York? Low 60s weather? I want to start cleaning but the weather isn't fully there yet! (Neither is my menu!)

Welcome to DC.

I try to eat whatever is in Season & work it into the menu. I walk around the Produce section. Now it's asparagus, strawberries, peas, mangos, etc. The pantry is well stocked - pastas, orzo, etc. Then I go from there. I eat lighter when the weather is hot & use my indoor grille. Sometimes it's roasted or spatchcock chicken, seafood/fish, etc. I subscribe to a few food sites, & receive daily emails. That helps with ideas as well.

Look around this site, and I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration.

I am with Cerise!

Right now I am waiting for the local asparagus, rhubarb and peas!

The first batch of asparagus or peas cooked in a little milk with lots of butter and cracked black pepper! :yum:

The weather in my area is very rarely conducive to cleaning! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom