Senility creeps on apace.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
Can anyone remember a television series - a western I think - with a character called "Porkchop" (but not the Disney dog of the same name) in it?

I seem to remember that he was a secondary, possibly semi-comic, character in a 1960s(?) western although the friend who started this says I'm confusing Porkchop with the cook, Wishbone, in the "Rawhide" series.

Please help a couple of elderly ladies who are being driven scatty by this.

(Off at a tangent - While searching the above on Google I was amused to read that, according to Wikipaedia, "A pork chop is a chop of pork". Well, yes, it would be, wouldn't it.)

Not finding anything on "Pork Chop"or "Porkchop"as a character on any TV show. I even asked the 1960's Western Trivia Master, Shrek has no clue, either.

Sounds familiar, but I can't come up with it either. There was Sherri Lewis and Lambchop, but that's not it.

Can you think of any other words that would narrow down the search? I have a book with information on old television shows. May father and sister loved the westerns on TV and they watched even if the rest of us only listened.

Can you think of any other words that would narrow down the search? I have a book with information on old television shows. May father and sister loved the westerns on TV and they watched even if the rest of us only listened.
No, sorry, I can't. I spent an hour and a half on Google trying to find it and got nothing. It came up in conversation with a friend and neither of us could think of anything to narrow it down.

Not a western but found this:

"B-Devil and Porkchop are a pair of teenage boys who find a body in the Gotham River--Killer Croc's latest victim--and call it in to the police. B-Devil is tall and thin; Porkchop is heavyset. The boys were practicing moves on their skateboards when they found the floater."

Batman: Gotham Knight (2008) (V)

Porkchop (Character) - Biography

Maybe it was a tv show that was only shown in the UK?

This MIGHT help from imdb.com
"A two-part TV special which counts down Britain's favourite television characters, as voted for by the British public."

"The Greatest" 100 Greatest TV Characters (TV Episode 2001) - IMDb

I'm a bit confused how the above is structured. Maybe MC can figure it out. Also MC could join the message boards at imdb.com (free) and then can ask. Maybe the question can be asked without joining. Dunno,

Not a western but found this:

"B-Devil and Porkchop are a pair of teenage boys who find a body in the Gotham River--Killer Croc's latest victim--and call it in to the police. B-Devil is tall and thin; Porkchop is heavyset. The boys were practicing moves on their skateboards when they found the floater."

Batman: Gotham Knight (2008) (V)

Porkchop (Character) - Biography

Maybe it was a tv show that was only shown in the UK?

This MIGHT help from imdb.com
"A two-part TV special which counts down Britain's favourite television characters, as voted for by the British public."

"The Greatest" 100 Greatest TV Characters (TV Episode 2001) - IMDb

I'm a bit confused how the above is structured. Maybe MC can figure it out. Also MC could join the message boards at imdb.com (free) and then can ask. Maybe the question can be asked without joining. Dunno,
No, it was definitely America. I can hear the character's name being spoken by another actor but can't see his face either.

As for the other , British television has these "100 best..." things on every 5 mins when they can't come up with anything better. Cheap mass entertainment

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom