"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 01-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Senior Cook
Senior Jokes

A very "dear" friend sent these in an e-mail on my birthday. Enjoy!

Just before the funeral services, the undertaker came up to the very elderly widow and asked, "How old was your husband?" "98," she replied. "Two years older than me." "So you're 96," the undertaker commented. She responded, "Hardly worth going home, is it?"

Reporters interviewing a 104-year-old woman: "And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?" the reporter asked. She simply replied, "No peer pressure."
The nice thing about being senile is you can hide your own Easter eggs
I've sure gotten old! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees Fought prostate cancer and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to black outs. Have bouts with dementia. Have poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92. Have lost all my friends. But, thank God, I still have my driver's license.

I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour. But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over.

An elderly woman decided to prepare her will and told her preacher she had two final requests. First, she wanted to be cremated, and second, she wanted her ashes scattered over K Mart. "K-Mart?" the preacher exclaimed. "Why K-Mart?" "Then I'll be sure my daughters visit me twice a week."

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Know how to prevent sagging? Just eat till the wrinkles fill out.

It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffeemaker.

These days about half the stuff in my shopping cart says, "For fast relief."

Remember: You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing.

--- THE SENILITY PRAYER : Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Now, I think you're supposed to share this with 5 or 6, maybe 10 others. Oh heck, give it to a bunch of your friends if you can remember who they are!

homecook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Executive Chef
Cute, homecook. Thanks.

quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Master Chef
Too funny, thanks for the laugh!
Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
Executive Chef
Very Funny..........I Like
Eat, Drink, Laugh and be Happy.
lifesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
Master Chef
I saw this in a movie the other day, I think it was 'waiting', where an elderly man was talking to a waiter. He said one of the benefits of being old is he could do crazy things and get away with them because everyone would think he was senile. The waiter laughed, and asked what the drawback was.
The elderly man responded that there were times he did things and couldn't remember doing them, so he really was going senile...
Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote