Set the Clocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohhhhhhh...you poor things! We set ours forward a month or so ago.

And now the warm stuff starts!!:rolleyes:

( OK, Im being cheeky but our asparagus SURE does taste good about now...lolol)

Our day will come soon enough.:-p

Hawaii time never changes. Lucky we live Hawaii.
img_347451_0_c356669ae0a1885e48e5c1d85788b202.gif

wasabi said:
Hawaii time never changes. Lucky we live Hawaii.
img_347456_0_c356669ae0a1885e48e5c1d85788b202.gif

:) I think it would be great to have an unchanging climate for awhile, but I sure would miss seasons.
Cant imagine life without a crisp frost on the ground in winter, tree's with their red and orange cloaks in autumn/fall, and the joy of cherry blossom, hyacinth and daffodils in spring. I love climbing into my warmed bed in winter and greeting the morning with a frosty breath and frozen laundry on the clothesline!!:rolleyes: :) Bracing stuff!

I do envy you Wasabi for at least the opportunity to organise your wardrobe more easily than I! :)

We set ours back to June, it is getting too chilly here. lol.

I got a kick out of the Arlo and Janis comic yesterday. By the time Arlo reset all his clocks, including finding the instructions for resetting the electronic appliances, he just about broke even on that gained hour.

In the UK there has been discussions (on and off for many years) about not changing the clocks back and forth. BUT, in the north of Scotland, this would mean that wintertime daylight would not happen until about 10.00 am - and children would be going to and returning from school in deep darkness, which might mean an increase in things like traffic accidents etc. So far, the lobbyists for standardising the daylight hours have not won!

I've heard that next fall we are going to change our clocks ahead one hour in November instead of October. No idea why though.

corazon90 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Soon it'll be dark at 4pm. Why do they always change it right before halloween?! I don't want to take my younguns out trick or treating in the darkness. I'm gonna go a little crazy this year. :wacko:

In 2007, we go back to standard time on the first Sunday in November so you'll still be on DST for Haloween.

amber said:
I've heard that next fall we are going to change our clocks ahead one hour in November instead of October. No idea why though.

I think we should drop this out of date idea imo.

Amber, I think they are changing this to November to get even more energy savings.

amber said:

The quick answer to your question is that On August 8, 2005, President Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. The Act will change the schedule to begin earlier in 2007. DST will begin on the second Sunday in March, which will be March 7th, and end the first Sunday in November, November 4th. The change is supposed to allow us to save energy by using fewer lights, etc. The impact of this change will be reported to Congress by the Secretary of Energy. After reviewing the Secretary of Energy's report, Congress will decide whether or not to leave the longer Daylight Saving Time schedule or go back to the one we're most used to.

I do envy you Wasabi for at least the opportunity to organise your wardrobe more easily than I

This is the extent of my wardrobe 24/7. Warning, I may be larger (much larger) than image (no, that is not me in the pic.). Older too. :(

images1tq8.jpg

Yes. The humidity here keeps the skin plump and moist. And the time never changes.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom