Severe Storms in the Midwest. Is Everyone Okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
In the last 24-72 hours we've had severe storms stretching from the Great Lakes to Houston with numerous tornadoes reported.

For everyone in the effected areas please check in and let us know if everyone is okay.

Here in Arkansas we had several counties under warning but no damage here in Little Rock. We came through it just fine but with a 20º + drop in temperature in just 1 hour we are now freezing our little tushies off :mrgreen:

God Bless

~ Raven ~

Well at least you're only freezin:LOL: and not blowin in the wind..All kidding aside, glad you're okay..Take care, stay warm..
kadesma

All fine here. We had a Tornado Watch issued for the counties south and east of us here. They had a strong cell with possible rotation. I don't know if it produced anything.

Weather folks are calling for snow mixed with rain tomorrow. Yuck!

This sure has been a bad year for storms and such.

Here in Washington we get very little weather excitement.
Though if one snow flake falls the whole city panics and shuts down.
Doesn't take much to get us upset. lol

tornado watches were issued in ohio.
it did get really windy for a bit with
some rain. nothing happened (by me anyway)

We've had bad weather on every side of us, but it has missed us. Like some others, if it gets very cold things start closing up. If anything ices over, all the bridges are closed and living in a place where the river runs through it, you just stay on whichever side you are on til the ice melts. Luckily this only happens every few years. One year our kids couldn't come out til Christmas afternoon because of ice on the bridges. That same year we had gone to a party on Christmas Eve and luckily drove the truck. On the way home we had to drive half on the road and half on the grass shoulder to get up the hill because it was icy. That wasn't fun. I'd rather it didn't get that cold.

one of the best insults that i ever heard said to a nasty woman on line for the bus: "yeah, well i heard a house fell on your sister!"...

i hope everyone, and their dog toto, is ok.

We had a dicey day here in Southern Illinois. Got about 6" of rain in 12 hours, and tornadoes were skipping around all over the place...one went right over our house aloft...I could hear that wild howling over the sound of the wind and driving rain. The siren went off just as my step-grandson came roaring up the drive (our house is tornado central, as I have a good storm shelter in the basement). Fortunately, it didn't touch down, and there was no damage. We live on top of a hill, second highest point in the county, that rises up out of the river bottoms on the west, and tornadoes seem to go straight up when they reach that water.
The people just south of us in Kentucky weren't so lucky, bless their hearts.
We don't have to worry about tornadoes today...it's cold, and getting colder...
going to get down to 21 degrees in the morning.

We got whacked pretty good. No tornados, just a bunch of wind and rain. Couple of branches down, and something got my wife's office phone, it's completely dead.

On the plus side, I can already add a project to the spring list...
Dig out the front of the house and see if I can find out where the water came into the basement.... Blech!!!

John

Back
Top Bottom