"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-17-2016, 05:16 PM   #31
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Wow, so no one tells boys never to go out with holes in their undies because you might be in an accident and you don't want the ambulance people to see that?? Amazing.
The one time I was in that situation (heart attack in 2003) I can honestly say the condition of my underwear did not cross my mind.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:24 PM   #32
Master Chef

Quote:
Wow, so no one tells boys never to go out with holes in their undies because you might be in an accident and you don't want the ambulance people to see that?? Amazing.
Not for that very reason but my wife throws my holy undies into the rag box in the garage.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #33
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
You need to rethink this. Holes in undies? First, no one gives a crap about the holes in their undies. Second, if the holes are a problem, buy new underwear.
I can't get the multi quote function to work right so you'll get this one at a time.

Buy New undies.

You obviously don't understand how frugal (cheap) I am.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #34
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I don't mend anything anymore after ending up with a needle in my toe eons ago.

I kicked the dropped needle into my big toe getting up to answer the phone, and only the thread was showing at the tip of my toe. The eye of the needle went in first, so pulling on the thread caused nothing but pain. The rest of the story was gruesome at the ER.

Nope, I don't mend with a needle anymore.
I can understand that Kayelle.

I once had a #6 finish nail go through my finger.
Don't want to experience that again.
I do have the X-Rays if anyone is interested.
And yes it did go through the bone.
It was also the middle one so if you want to see it I'll be giving you the finger. Board attached.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:30 PM   #35
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
I've been making up sewing kits and have learned that the cheap needle threaders, will pull out the metal threader part, if not fortified. Those little metal ones. You can get the metal threader part more tightly held, if you take a coin and press the metal parts that hold the threader, so the metal thread doesn't tear out when you use it.

There are also two types of self threading needles. The one mentioned above where you push/pull the thread through the top of the eye, and the other is called a side threading needle. I have both types in my sewing kits for tired eyes.

This is the side threading needle, much harder to find than the other type. https://www.amazon.com/Sench-Self-Th...reading+needle
There are needle threaders? Google even say's they have automatic ones.
I still like the idea of the roommate idea and having them being the automatic needle threader.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #36
Head Chef

Quote:
My mother drummed this into my head over and over. That's why I need help with needles. Can't have the EMS folks finding even the tiniest hole.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #37
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
The one time I was in that situation (heart attack in 2003) I can honestly say the condition of my underwear did not cross my mind.
As to be expected. And to tell you the truth I actually never care about the condition of my undergarments.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #38
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Not for that very reason but my wife throws my holy undies into the rag box in the garage.
Does she at least hold a service as she disposes of these Holy garments?
Old 10-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #39
Head Chef

My visiting daughter stood in my room and wouldn't leave until I handed her an old bra that was being replaced by a new one...

I did have a choice as to which decrepit article I gave her but she stood there with scissors in hand till I handed one over.... then she ran to the dust bin and chomped away with the scissors. awww com'on - they weren't THAT bad!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
My visiting daughter stood in my room and wouldn't leave until I handed her an old bra that was being replaced by a new one...

I did have a choice as to which decrepit article I gave her but she stood there with scissors in hand till I handed one over.... then she ran to the dust bin and chomped away with the scissors. awww com'on - they weren't THAT bad!
I solved that problem. I almost never wear one. That way the ones I have stay nice a good long time.