"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
Angie,
If if happens again do not, I repeat, do not get into a car that could be very dangerous have your sister take you home or have hubby get you its not worth risking your life.Find out whats happening to you.By the way I adore xanax but I only get a few to fly as Im terrified of flying.They dont really work for me even when flying but they do take the edge off a bit.

Oh I know...trust me, that's why I was calling Joe (hubby) on my way home..I'd give him updates "I'm at this point now, if I'm not home in 15 minutes, call my cell"...The way I was feeling, there is no way I could have kept control of my car!

Yes, Xanax is easy to adore. In fact, I adore it so much that I would take a months worth (90 2mg pills) in 3-7 days and then have to figure out how to make it through the rest of the month before I could refill my prescription. Needless to say, those 3-7 days are a fog and I really don't remember anything that went on for months at a time. I finally quit cold turkey and called my Dr and said NO MORE and told him why...

Old 07-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Originally Posted by wasabi
I have had anxiety attacks but not losing control of my arms and hands. Better to be safe than sorry.....see your doc.

Same here, Wasabi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie
I am seeing a shrink right now for my OCD, depression and anxiety. I will call him on Monday unless it happens again. If it does happen again, to the ER we will go. I'm a bundle of nerves right now, though.
If you're on meds, read the contraindications, or call & ask the pharmacist, and especially call your doctor. This could be a side effect of medications. Losing control of of arms and legs, yelling are not typical of anxiety/panic attacks (in my experience). I have had panic attacks so severe, I had tunnel vision, sweating, shaking, & heart pounding - initially diagnosed as PTSD. A complete physical exam and Thyroid test is another suggestion. I concluded the problem is I'm a little slow on the serrotonin re-uptake (hope I got that right.) Beta blockers can help, but most people achieve success with an appropriate therapist in conjunction with meds -- if this is an on-going problem. I've ordered a Client workbook (per a suggestion from an expert); & hoping to work through it with good results. Vitamins (particularly the B's) can't hurt. Another suggestion is to time the attack, i.e. look at your watch, as it lasts only a few minutes - and will pass. If you're behind the wheel, pull over. There is an herb you can buy called Valerio (sp), and add a drop or two to water; you can find it at a vitamin store. Bio-feedback is another way to go. Hope that helps.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:13 PM   #13
Master Chef

Angie, I deleted my replys because, I was out of line for scaring you more. I'm not a doctor and tend to look at the worst. I'm so sorry for causing you more anxiety. I can't take it back, but, wanted to appologize for scaring you. I'm so sorry!!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
Angie, I deleted my replys because, I was out of line for scaring you more. I'm not a doctor and tend to look at the worst. I'm so sorry for causing you more anxiety. I can't take it back, but, wanted to appologize for scaring you. I'm so sorry!!
It's all good, my friend. You were just worried and concerned!!!!! I PM'ed you....OK???

Now I think I hear the toaster and blackberry jam calling my name....hmmm...maybe peanut butter and butter as well? Once slice, or two?

Two.....
Old 07-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #15
Head Chef

Mish, I never thought about my meds. Funny...both of them say that if you have seizures or tremors, call your Dr immediately....
Old 07-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie
Mish, I never thought about my meds. Funny...both of them say that if you have seizures or tremors, call your Dr immediately....
That's what I would do, Angie. I'm very aware of side effects, and read all the inserts. Doesn't mean one will experience all or any of them, but be sure you tell your doc all the meds you're taking. Good luck. My best.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #17
Sous Chef

Angie, check here
http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/Interaction/ChooseDrugs
for drug interactions. It takes some time to load, however.