She LOVED them!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
So she loved the truffles i gave her for Christmas. I made about 15 of them. half rolled in powdered sugar and coca and the others rolled in crushed peanuts. I had a good friend of mine sign one of his CD's and i gave that to her with the truffles. The only sad part was when i got to her house she was gone. So i left tme in the nativity scene with marry and Joseph taking care of the goodies. When she got home she called me and said " MATT, you should have called me, i wanted to see you." I said " well i wanted it to be a surprise for you" she said that she and her mom ate like 6 of them in the first 5 minutes they got home. it was freakin awesome BUT i got the best of help from you guys. You taught me how to make them and how to present them and all that fun stuff. Even though i have a busted up leg, we are going to try and go out this Christmas break. i only get to see her every other month or so. any way so many people want this truffle recipe i got from here. its a big hit.

That's wonderful, LT!!! (And that's a smart move - spoiling the mom with your goodies. I'm always especially nice to the ones that give me candy!) Be sure and tell us how the date went.

Congratulations on your truffle success!! Hope you get to go out. How's your leg healing up?
Thanx. My leg is healing up pretty good. I have physical therapy twice a week at 25$ a punch, which is not bad at all. I have PT for two months. the leg snapped in three places so they have to stretch and exercise and the muscles and tendons and what not. feels good though. It sux though becasue i cant go snowboarding and she loves to snowboard. She was at the canyons resort this weekend and left two hours before a avalanche came through and killed two people. very scary. I have to keep the cast on for 2 months. Im excited for school this semester and for spring. My cast will be off and it will be bike riding season again.

well i wouldnt call her my GF yet, even though i want that. I have only been out twice with her but we call all the time. I made her mom Chocolate covered strawberries back in september and i made meghan a cheesecake. Her mom wants the recipe but im not going to just ive it to her. im going to show her how to make them. gets me involved with the family if you know what i mean. Her mom is very sweet and kind. Any way thanx for the encouraging words. I will tell you how the date goes if we can get it to finalize. Her Birthday is in feb so i need to do something for her but i think i need to do something besides food. something im not to great at. BUT then again food is nice.

LT, one of the things I did for Buck on his birthday when we were dating was to write little thoughts on "foot" cutouts I made by tracing around a child's shoe. I think I cut out about 12 or so. I lived in an apartment and taped them on the hallway floor leading to my door as if someone had been walking and left their footprints. I had instructed him to pick up each one and read it as he approached my door.

I wrote little things like: "I really like your smile. Thanks for helping me with my car. Your hair always looks so nice." You get the idea.

Even though you might not want to do a food thing for her, you could consider doing something food "with" her. Find out if there is anything she'd like to prepare but never has and do it together. Cooking together can be very romantic. I know. Been there. Done that. Buck and I have been together over 30 years.

LT, one of the things I did for Buck on his birthday when we were dating was to write little thoughts on "foot" cutouts I made by tracing around a child's shoe. I think I cut out about 12 or so. I lived in an apartment and taped them on the hallway floor leading to my door as if someone had been walking and left their footprints. I had instructed him to pick up each one and read it as he approached my door.

I wrote little things like: "I really like your smile. Thanks for helping me with my car. Your hair always looks so nice." You get the idea.

Even though you might not want to do a food thing for her, you could consider doing something food "with" her. Find out if there is anything she'd like to prepare but never has and do it together. Cooking together can be very romantic. I know. Been there. Done that. Buck and I have been together over 30 years.
WOW, thats awesome. I was thinkin of the same thing but actually writing the note on her leg while she was asleep. LOL jk, you can tell im a typical man. LOL. any way i like the foot idea. I love kids and so does she, so that could work but i think cooking together would be awesome. But its about timing. she just started her first year at school and its a phase in life that every one should complete. even if its just a semester. Cant skip phases. But at the same time i dont want to miss an opportunity. I dont want to freak her out and move to fast on her but i dont want to go to slow were it just wont go anywhere. This is just all new to me is all but its good. Dating ideas would be a plus right now, specially since i have a broken leg. I want to take her to a awesome aquarium and then dinner afterward.

Congrats!!

What happened to your leg? I must have missed the posts.

BTW - Happy Holidays! Looks like snow is coming down so we should have more snow for Xmas morning!

Congrats!!

What happened to your leg? I must have missed the posts.

BTW - Happy Holidays! Looks like snow is coming down so we should have more snow for Xmas morning!

yup, dude did you get stuck in the ice storm christmas eve night. i did. it took us an hour to get home from his house. its usually a 10 minute drive, nope not this time.

Back
Top Bottom