Sherlock Holmes Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
For any of you old movie/mystery fans who are awake tonight (Wed. 2/7) & get the Turner Classic Movies channel, from 8 p.m. (EST) to 1 a.m. they're showing a mini-marathon of the old Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce "Sherlock Holmes" films.

BreezyCooking said:
For any of you old movie/mystery fans who are awake tonight (Wed. 2/7) & get the Turner Classic Movies channel, from 8 p.m. (EST) to 1 a.m. they're showing a mini-marathon of the old Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce "Sherlock Holmes" films.
Thanks Breezy, I love those movies.

kadesma:)

When I had Adelphia Cable I got the Turner Movie Classics but since they were bought out by Time Warner Cable I don't get it any more. I also don't get HSN because it is now on Digital Cable - I still get QVC.

I was very happy to see they where playing some of the Sherlock Holmes flims, I hope they play some more of them soon. I would also like to see some of the Charlie Chan films, those are another favorite of mine.

There have been many who have played, quite well, Holmes and Watson since, but to me it is Nigel Rathbone and Nigel Bruce that I truly enjoy.

Very melodramatic they were, but that was the way they made movies in those days.

Have read the stories many times (you can read on them on the web for free, by the way, just Google), and as with any works they are subject to many interpretations.

Do not feel the portrayal of Holmes and Watson by Rathbone and Bruce were those envisioned by Conan Doyle. Just my take.

But I saw that film version before I ever read a word of the stories, yet I still love those movies.

Hearing that the game is afoot will always give me a smile and let me settle down for an hour or two of sheer enjoyment.

Oh, I have to read the books before seeing the movies. I love the oldest films, also. :)

For those of you who are old movie fans like I am, check out "Deep Discount DVD" (Deep Discount). Husband, parents, & I are BIG TIME old movie fans & must have well over 1,000 DVDs in our collection - most purchased from Deep Discount. Our collection includes all the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes films, the Peter Lorre "Mr. Moto" flicks, all the old Charlie Chan movies, ad infinitum.

Deep Discount's prices are fabulous & their shipping is FREE. Can't beat it - especially if you're a diehard movie fan like me.

Back
Top Bottom