Shipping bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I just sent a pic of my hamburger buns to a friend in NY. He wants a dozen! I have no idea how to ship them though. Any thoughts?

In truth Las Vegas isn't that far from NY. I say...as soon as you bake them, let them cool and, then, put them in zipper-seal bags, protect them with some bubble wrap and ship away. Should only take a few days, especially if you use 2-day Priority Mail. You have the weather on you side since it's cooler right now.

In truth Las Vegas isn't that far from NY. I say...as soon as you bake them, let them cool and, then, put them in zipper-seal bags, protect them with some bubble wrap and ship away. Should only take a few days, especially if you use 2-day Priority Mail. You have the weather on you side since it's cooler right now.
Won’t they go stale in the mail, even only in two days?

And should I add a desiccant? (To the package, not the dough, of course!)

You can get boxes at the post office to mail things in. I'd be afraid they would get crushed in a soft package. I send cookies to my FIL regularly and they ship better in the boxes.

Enriched breads stay fresh much longer than flour-water-yeast-salt loaves.

Back
Top Bottom