"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
Be careful of those unsubscribe links. The less reputable sites actually use those links to confirm that your address is real and working. It is just a way of sending you even more spam. Of course the reputable sites will not do that and their unsubscribe links do what they are supposed to do. Just be careful.
How true! I can't get rid of these emails, so now I just delete them. Unsubscribe didn't work, nor did sending them a reply - even when there is a 'valid' address. The next step will be changing my primary email address. What a pain in the *** these people are! The most junk email I received was when I had AOL. GOOD RIDDANCE to AOL.

ITK, I sent you a pm (through this site), hope you received it/checked your mailbox here on this site.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
I have a junk/spam hotmail account I set up for things I'm not sure about if I sign up for something. If I don't know who you are, you get deleted without me ever seeing whats in there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mish
GOOD RIDDANCE to AOL.
Amen. What a nightmare that was for me...

Old 01-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #13
Sous Chef

If you are having problems, try contacting your ISP if they provide your e-mail service. They may be able to help you. When blocking you may have to be very persistent. I swear the same source sends e-mails out under different addresses. When you block one, they send the nasty stuff out under a different address.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #14
Executive Chef

mish

TK, I sent you a pm (through this site), hope you received it/checked your mailbox here on this site.

mish, now I am worried! i normally get the messages from here on the regular email page. How come I didn't get the one you talk about? Otherwise isn't it supposed to be on the right hand side of this page where it says, Welcome and then your name? First I have trouble with unwanted email and now when I want to read your email, not there. Does this drive you crazy or what?
Old 01-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Thank you for getting back to me here, ITK. Didn't know if you received my pm. Haven't received yours yet.

Suggestion - Go to User CP at top of screen, chose edit options, and email, pm options. You can chose to be notified of pm while you are here or in an email. Hope that helps. Will look for your pm.

Also, when you go to User CP, you can click on list messages (on the left of that screen) to see your incoming and sent PMs from this site/forum.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #16
Executive Chef

mish

thanks for your patience. Feel like you are holding my hand to lead me. Thanks and sorry for being bother. I do want to know what you have to say. Appreciate it.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #17
Executive Chef

mish

Got it!! Thanks for your information
Old 01-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Not to worry, ITK. We're all here to help one another
Old 01-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #19
Executive Chef

mish

1. You have reached your stored private message quota and can not send any further messages until space has been created.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #20
Executive Chef

mish

1. You have reached your stored private message quota and can not send any further messages until space has been created.

I can't delete prior messages i received in the past. Tried to contact Technical Director or whoever is supposed to help and no response. Still messages won't go through. Also did what you said and still not right.

Maybe talk to much.