Shoes in the house.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, count your blessings. I ran to answer the phone (back in land-line days) barefoot and kicked a kitchen chair leg. Looked down, and my pinkie-toe was L-shaped. OMG, the pain was 100-times what I felt when I broke my arm. Maybe 500-times. I drove to the ER in my VW GTi -- manual transmission. It was a six-speed, most of the time. It was a two-speed that day -- first and fourth.

Worst part, it hurt for months.

But, I still prefer to be barefoot as much as possible, especially in the house.

CD

Casey, I vividly remember the screams from my Mama when she broke her little toe just like that. :w00t2: Horrible!!!

Last edited:
I don't take off my shoes and my light colored carpet is paying the price. The reason? My running shoe bottom soles are made of rubber. They aren't "non-marking." :neutral:

Casey, I vividly remember the screams from my Mama when she broke her little toe just like that. :w00t2: Horrible!!!

If anyone thought your mama was exaggerating, or being drama queen... NO!!!

I thought NFL football players with toe injuries were just milking the system... until I broke my toe.

Seriously, I've been taken to the hospital in and ambulance, immobilized by a back-board and neck brace after being unconscious for about 30 minutes. That was a bad day. Breaking my stinking pinkie-toe was WAY worse.

CD

Back
Top Bottom