Shooter Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
I just thought I would take a moment to show you what some of my work entails. This fire started south of the town that I work in. It was started by equipment thinning trees in the forest, coincidentally to reduce the fire hazard. Luckily, with the help of an airtanker, 3 engines, and a handcrew the fire was kept to a 1/2 an acre. I think all the firefighters deserve a huge thank you for keeping the fire that small.

As a reminder please be careful with fire. Our contractors are required to have many precautions like foam units, fire extinguishers, waterpumpers, etc. and we still have fire starts. Be safe and have a great summer.

SC :)

Last edited:
Sierra,

As one who spent many summers as a child in the Nevada area, I can remember dad being so strict about camp fires and even where we walked while fishing...I hope and pray, we don't have any huige fires...They just wipe all that is in their paths..
thanks for letting us see all the beauty that we can spare by being careful.
kadesma Thank YOU for the job you do.

Thanks, kadesma. I really did not do much just led the firefighters into the fire and took some pictures. They did all the really hard work. :) The huge area behind the airtanker that looks like an old fire is. That fire started on September 10, 2001. Talk about stressful. First we had to deal with the fire. Then the tragedy of 9/11.

Sierra, Oahu has a firebug and he is setting about two or three brush fires a day. Our poor firemen are working overtime and then some. The fires start in the brush, but many came very close to homes. This is a pic of one of the fires. The fireman on the right is my son-in-law.

img_143953_0_da6ffcb7deead232cca6d12c7cb7dacb.jpg

that is horrible... we also had a very big fire in South of France this week :( most of the fire starts bcos people are not being careful ... the weather is very very hot at the moment, and not enough rain ..so everything can get the fire start..:mad: :( its really sad, and I always feel sorry for the firemans

wasabi said:
Sierra, Oahu has a firebug and he is setting about two or three brush fires a day. Our poor firemen are working overtime and then some. The fires start in the brush, but many came very close to homes. This is a pic of one of the fires. The fireman on the right is my son-in-law.

img_144177_0_da6ffcb7deead232cca6d12c7cb7dacb.jpg
Wasabi,
how awful..It's hard to believe, people can be so foolish and cold. I'll be praying that they catch this person soon.
kadesma

Mahalo, kadesma, for your prayers. And, yes, grandsons are HEAVENLY. My one and only grandchild is a 17 year old grandson and he is the love of our lives.....wasabi

wasabi said:

img_144311_0_da6ffcb7deead232cca6d12c7cb7dacb.jpg

There is nothing worst than having an arsonist running around. It is very scary because you never know when or where they will strike next.

After our engine finished with the Shooter Fire they went to a fire in ChefWil's neck of the woods near Goodyears Bar, CA, which is a little over an hour from our district office in Sierraville. I bet they were tired folks when they returned to quarters, they did not get back until after midnight.

Forests in south of Turkey have at least 40 C' in summer times, firemen are always in alarm... Olympos that I was there last week had 3 fire alarm... Fortunately we didn't have big lost... But we still have careless people around...

Ishbel said:
Spain and southern France are having a bad time with fires, too.

Just last week, 11 volunteer FFs were caught in their vehicle at a fire which is reported to have been started by a BBQ that got out of control.

Brave people - and such a sad loss.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4691815.stm

yes that is right.The problem is its written everywhere in big dont use fire for bbq, careful with your cigi, etc but people they just cant respect it :wacko: :ermm: and that is very sad..

also some people they start the fire by purpose :sick:
1 month ago it was an EX fire man who started the fire!!!!!

msalper said:
How can it be? What do they think?

Dunno, it was some ex fire man .... he didnt want to comment .. but he got 4 year in jail for it!!
Still, I think its not enough!!!! l
I would like to attach him to a tree and burn him!!!

:sick:

*Christina* said:
Dunno, it was some ex fire man .... he didnt want to comment .. but he got 4 year in jail for it!!
Still, I think its not enough!!!! l
I would like to attach him to a tree and burn him!!!

:sick:

Please don't attach him to a tree:( . Maybe steel pole. But I'm not sure if he can understand how livings feel without home.

Bush fires in Australia often seem to be started by arsonists... If only they KNEW what they were starting. A few years ago, my sister had a bushfire near her second home down the coast of NSW. The fire came within 10 ft of her boundary and 80 ft of her home.... That fire was started by an arsonist.

Fire seems to excite some people - it's a psychiatric condition - but when they KILL people by their actions, it is truly scary.

And sometimes fires are started by pure stupidity. People setting off fireworks, people burning things that they should not be like toilet paper, illegal campfires, etc. Locally, we had a California Department of Forestry Fire Captain that was two years from retirement that was arrested for setting fires. Why he did it, who knows??

Wow, looks like you guys have a pretty good rapid response team! Are there "problem areas" that you have to keep an eye on or is it the whole park in general?

DampCharcoal said:
Wow, looks like you guys have a pretty good rapid response team! Are there "problem areas" that you have to keep an eye on or is it the whole park in general?

Mostly anywhere that people congregate are problem areas.
21.gif
The Tahoe National Forest is one of the closest forest to the Bay Area. So, we get alot of weekenders. This leads to more fire activity on the weekends due to folks being careless or irresponsible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom