Show us your restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knight76

Senior Cook
I would love to see the restaurants that the professional chef's amoungst us work at.

I am not sure if anyone else is interested in this so if you work in a restaurant post up some pics of it. I enjoy seeing the insides of restaurants.

I don't work there anymore, and I'm also pretty sure that this is the only picture of the place that exists online.

Unfortunately these images don't really do justice to the place. Next time I'm in town I'll likely eat there, and I'll be sure to get some additional pictures of it.

BTW, that dish is seared scallops on sauteed baby bok choy greens and crispy pancetta with blood orange gastrique. We probably had the best seafood in town; not because it was our specialty (though the chef loves fish, and does a daily fish preparation) but because the owner also owns a very popular and pricey sushi joint in town, and already had vendors that he worked with on both coasts that would fly in fresh salmon, tuna, etc. for him. He would drive to Indianapolis several times a week to pick up fresh fish at the airport. As a result, our fish was always about the best to be found in little Bloomington, IN.

**EDIT**

Here's a little blurb I found about it online at the following address:Going Out

In a big city setting inspired by modern art and jazzy eclecticism,Truffles specializes in modern American dining and features asophisticated drink menu with an intriguing and expansive wine listfeaturing some of most rare and exclusive wines you’ll find anywhere.Chef Matthew Smith’s menus are inspired by French cuisine andincorporate local products and flavors. Locals will tell you one ofthe best kept secrets in town is the bar menu which features lighter entrees for under $10. The dinner menu offers vegetarian, seafood,chicken, pork, duck and of course steak. $$-$$$

**Me Again**
This little place is one of the great secrets the world will never know about. It is, of course, trumped in almost every aspect by a good deal of big city fine dining establishments, however, they do things right here. If a cook's (or the chef's food, for that matter) isn't up to par, Chef will throw it out himself and tell you to start it over. Not all of the food is as fancy as it could be, and the talent pool of this small town is about as deep as one might expect(how I got a job there in the first place), but I'll always remember this place because real cooking happens here. It's the kind of place where you can really hone your skills, and where you'll always be surrounded by people who care about food.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
IC, you must be very proud to be a part of the team at Stage. Very exciting and innovative dishes and presentations. Gives you a real chance to be a artist...And Vera - very impressive! Wish I could see inside...but don't even try to take any pictures. I doubt if there is wireless access in federal prison - LOL.

Last edited:
Where in NJ are you?

I work in I guess its Northern. in Hoboken/weehawken area.

There are some decent places we eat at but we are always lookign for better.

M&P has a killer sandwhich.

Red Bank off exit 109.

Last place I want to be is sitting on the Belt after a couple glasses of wine. Know what I mean? LOL

Back
Top Bottom