"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaux View Post
Kadesma--do your girls do barrel racing? Or do they just like cowboys?
We just went to the PBR up in San Antonio weekend before last--those cowboys are soo cute. But I felt a little crest-fallen when I realized the cutest one of all was the same age as my older daughter!
My girls, pole bend, barrell race the whole sebang the youngest Gianna just topped everyone for the year in every event she was in. Her sister is pres of the association they have been doing this since the were each abot a year and a half old and could sit up alone. Being on a horse is more natural than walking for them. They are expected to take care of their horses, walk and cool them down after the work out, they feed and help tend to brangus cattle. They live on 650 acres near Mariposa, Hornitos and love it. As far as the cowboys go they are not allowed to date yet although Alyssa went to her first formal dance last month and can now drive. They are good kids, ones you don't have to worry about so far There parents, my son and his wife have wisely taught them you earn the good things by hard work. We are so proud of all the kids.
kades

Old 08-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It's true, they love me. They arranged, with their Father's help and blessing, a real church wedding for us...after we'd been married by law for 24 years. My middle son, a Preacher, married us, the eldest gave me away to his Dad and my daughter was my Matron of Honor. The Grandkids all had their places in the ceremony, too. It was lovely! And as spontaneous as our original civil ceremony was.

I really felt we were a family then.
That brought tears to my eyes Fiona.....I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the church. Just lovely, and thanks for sharing.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #23
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thank you Kayelle. I consider myself very lucky to have met and married DH and his children.

The funny part...the eldest son is 7 years younger than me. We are an odd mix and we all love each other.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thank you Kayelle. I consider myself very lucky to have met and married DH and his children.

The funny part...the eldest son is 7 years younger than me. We are an odd mix and we all love each other.
You sound like the perfect mix, one many could take pride to be like.
kades