"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-30-2005, 08:27 PM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DampCharcoal
I'm a HUGE fan of NASA and the Shuttle Program but I think they should quit while they're ahead. I hope that I'm wrong!
I agree, I think space exploration is great. But I think at this point maybe exploration money would be better spent on exploring the oceans or the tropical rainforests for something that might help mankind (and animals!).

Barbara

Old 07-30-2005, 08:34 PM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Damp.... you said it FOR me. I agree 110%! Time to get rid of the shuttles. WAAAAAAAY to much money has been wasted on these things. They are just too dangerous. I feel that the government should not get involved as much as they are in space. I feel its best for corporations to pay for most of this stuff. I still say we should explore more of the ocean too. I want a mermaid!!!!

Old 07-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
I agree, I think space exploration is great. But I think at this point maybe exploration money would be better spent on exploring the oceans or the tropical rainforests for something that might help mankind (and animals!).

Barbara
Barb makes a great point! Hey, Barb! We really do need to take a much closer look at our own planet but at the same time, still keep a close eye on the sky. It's important to note that we know more about the Solar System than we do our own oceans. Eh? Eh? C'mon, don't make me look stupid!
Old 07-31-2005, 12:07 AM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

You are so right Damp. We have only seen a tiny part of the Earth's oceans. There is so much we could learn from them. As I said, I love space travel and have learned a lot, but in the overall scheme of things, I think the oceans could probably do us a lot more good right now. What can we learn from them? TONS!!! It is really just as challenging as space travel too, considering there are lots of places in the ocean that we cannot get to. But if you tell enough people they can't, someone is going to figure out a way to say "I can, and I did." I believe a "few" people in the past have been told "you can't," such as the Wright Brothers, Thomas Edison, Leonardo di Vinci, Gallileo, and probably the first person to stick a wheel on a cart.

Barbara
Old 07-31-2005, 01:18 AM   #15
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
I say we dredge the oceans..... take everything and make a slury and then bottle it! Or is that a Simpsons episode? ........ yep..... its a Simpsons episode. Never mind.