Side Effects of Asparagus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
Does your's?
I know this is common and many people I know have this pungent odor in their urine after eating asparagus. I know because they told me so. Yuk. But I love asparagus.

What does one say to that question. Honestly, some things should be kept private, don't you think? Or, ask your doctor.

You eat asparagus and your pee stinks. A fact of life and a small sacrifice for that delicious vegetable.

My wifes refuses to eat them for that reason. And I grill them really well, very tasty and crunchy. They had them for 79 cents/lb at our local Asian market yesterday so I bought like 5 lbs worth, and ate about a pound of that myself.
I used the bathroom shortly thereafter, then decided to start a thread about it.

This is one of the silliest topics I've seen on this forum yet.

Your urine smells of asparagus when you eat it? And tell me, does your urine smell like a rose when you don't?

When I eat asparagus, and then afterwards... I'm reminded that the asparagus was so good!

I saw it in the store today on one of the "in front" stands. Maybe I should buy some. It's one of my favorite vegetables.

Yes, it's a fairly common thing.

It's not common, it is universal to everyone who eats it.

Those who claim they can detect no change in the smell are really just insensitive to the odor - not immune to the change that occurs.

Jack Nickolsen, when he played a werewolf, asked the same question as he was peeing on someone's shoes, and I can't remember the flick. Dang.

Jack Nickolsen, when he played a werewolf, asked the same question as he was peeing on someone's shoes, and I can't remember the flick. Dang.

"Wolf"

Oh Yeah, you think the pee smells? Try losing a bunch in your car, that doesn't get driven much, in South Florida upper 80's/low 90's, for almost a week!:ohmy: You'll think the pee smells delightful!:ROFLMAO:

GB, logically, Pee can be lost--by rolling under the front or back seat.

First, you take a school aged child, provide them with numerous letters of the alphabet so they might enrich their lives with spelling and creativity.

Here are the letters of the alphabet: How do you spell the letters of the alphabet
As Andy M says (giving him a hard time here), google it.:LOL:

Pee is one of the 26 letters of the alphabet. It is the letter after oh and before que/cue (depending on whether you are quebecian or a music teacher).

A group of Pees could easily be stored in small plastic containers which roll easily under the front or back seat. Cars have been bought and sold with lost bunches of Pees lost beneath the seats--both kinds, the asparagus kind and non-distinct kinds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom