Things are much better in the Tahoe area. The residents of South shore have been allowed to return to their homes, if they have one standing. As of yesterday the fire was 80% contained. The cause of the fire was an abandoned campfire. If I was the person that left that fire not properly extinquished I would feel mighty small. So, a word of advice while you are enjoying our great outdoors this summer make sure that you handle fire carefully and in the proper manner. Also, be careful this 4th of July week with fireworks.
Thanks again for all the kind words. Hugs from SC, your resident representative and coworker of Smokey Bear.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)