Signs of Autumn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love "the s word" but October is a bit early even for me. I still have to dress up as a Gorilla for Halloween and give out the candy. I can't give out candy winter garb! That would look silly. :LOL:

We don't have any snow forecast for the next 14 days, thank goodness. But, I always make sure I have my winter tires on sometime October, just in case.

Well, all the trees are bare now, even my elm has finally given up all its leaves. Our hawthorne and the mountain ash across the street are LOADED with berries. I think that bodes ill for the winter to come!

My feeders are emptying pretty quickly lately. I just had a gang of sparrows staring in the front window at me cracking their knuckles and hinting strongly that I fill the feeder OR ELSE.

The sky is such a weird color today too. That dark slate gray that you just know means there is s___ coming. Ugh. Its not supposed to be here til Monday, but I suspect there will be flurries off and on this weekend.

No sunrise til 800 or so this morning. I really don't care for these short short days. It will be dark by 430 tonight. 8.5 hours of light seems too short for me. Bleah. No wonder bears hibernate! :rolleyes:

The landscapers have been here twice this Fall to vacuum up the fallen leaves. They use truck sized vacuums. the grounds look good once again. The leaves are mostly gone.

This Fall has been mild compared to last year and we have used little heat so far. Always a good thing.

Its hovering around 0 right now. Our furnace is on and off all day, and has been for weeks. The dog loves it out there, he doesn't like it hot.

Should be 70 here today!
All my neighbors leaves are in my yards.
The squirrels are tearing up my lawn
Might have to bring in the outdoor rug soon.

You measure in Fahrenheit? I thought the UK was celcius?

Um, I think you missed who posted that, Alix:)

Still no snow, the grass is still green, but it usually is. All of the leaves in town have blown into my stairwell. I better get them before it gets wet. Time to get the sand out for the steps. I had to scrape Archie off the other day. Things are looking up for a real winter!!!:)

It's still comfortable open window weather. The trees that are going to turn are looking slightly yellow. The crape myrtle in the parking lot still has it's leaves, but they are a rusty purplish color. I haven't had to close the windows much, only a few hours on occasion.

I love all the fresh air and having a couple of months of really low electric bills.

It's a beautiful Fall day today. Bright sunshine, temps in the mid-60s and the air is dry and crisp. Everything is in sharp focus today.

70 degrees better be F. unless his house is on fire!

I was just being dorky Andy. I thought it was Bolas who'd replied, and couldn't figure out why he'd use Fahrenheit. I'm just not altogether with it yet apparently.

not any signs of fall here. we are in the midst of a mild santana wind. in 80's, night are fairly cool though. we never see much leaf color unless we travel into the nearby mountains. i love it.

Back
Top Bottom