Signs of Autumn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
grumble grumble

Do you have your snow tires on the car?

I have my all-weathers on my all-wheel drive and 4-40 lb boxes of cat litter, shovels, blankets, fire-making tools and emergency food. Also extra hats, boots and gloves...jumper cables and a tow hook.

I'm ready!!!:LOL:

I have my all-weathers on my all-wheel drive and 4-40 lb boxes of cat litter, shovels, blankets, fire-making tools and emergency food. Also extra hats, boots and gloves...jumper cables and a tow hook.

Are all weather tires good enough where you live? Here we call those 3 season tires. In fact, by law we have to have winter tires on by 15 December. They stay flexible at much lower temperatures.

I have never had problems with the all-weathers. We have chains if we need them for hill climbing.

All that would fill my trunk and back seat.

All that would fill my trunk and back seat.

The shovels and jumper cables are in a hideaway. The cat litter is purchased on at a time and tied down over the back wheels, the rest has it's own well packed storage box, that gets pulled out each year. I believe in preparedness, since in 1979 I got stuck in the snow overnight. :neutral:

We went from fall to winter overnight. Its WINTER here. Still snowing (dang it!) but its the light feathery stuff and its just bitingly cold. High today of -12C, wind chill around -19 or -20. I broke out the winter coat, scarf and mitts today. Filled my tires with air (they go low when its this cold) and I'm wearing fleece pants and a sweatshirt. Wow. Fast transition this year!

I'm not looking forward to that time for us. Still at least a month away. We get an average of about 65" of snow a year. Long range forecast for this winter is warmer temps and less precipitation. I say "Yay!" save a few bucks on heating.

It's snowing and melting still...but cold enough for my sweaters and new hat! No driving at night, too much black ice!

We went from fall to winter overnight. Its WINTER here. Still snowing (dang it!) but its the light feathery stuff and its just bitingly cold. High today of -12C, wind chill around -19 or -20. I broke out the winter coat, scarf and mitts today. Filled my tires with air (they go low when its this cold) and I'm wearing fleece pants and a sweatshirt. Wow. Fast transition this year!
Alix, what is the fahrenheit equivalent of that?

It's been so nice, a bit cooler, still have the windows open, but not all the way all the time.

Chilly this morning so I dressed in l/s shirt, sweat pants, plus flannel shirt. Had to switch to s/s shirt and shorts by the time I home from shopping. Loving it.

I just saw a couple of Granola Girls with their dreads stuck in stocking caps and wearing long johns under their skirts. University towns are so much fun!:LOL:

lol, we call them granola heads, or hair bags if they look like they're in a band.

i had a big chuckle the other night when the nightclub down the block from my building in the city let out and a few hundred kids, all dressed in goth style, poured out and started walking past where i was parked.

all i could think of, tongue planted firmly in cheek was "ooooh, i'm sooo deep and dark and mysterious. i'm so unique, no one understands me or can sound the fathoms of my black soul...".

lol. and then they call their mom to come pick them up.

now, not so goth, in fact exactly the opposite, this thread reminded me of simon and garfunkel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcRGBjyAOok

lol, we call them granola heads, or hair bags if they look like they're in a band.

i had a big chuckle the other night when the nightclub down the block from my building in the city let out and a few hundred kids, all dressed in goth style, poured out and started walking past where i was parked.

all i could think of, tongue planted firmly in cheek was "ooooh, i'm sooo deep and dark and mysterious. i'm so unique, no one understands me or can sound the fathoms of my black soul...".

now, not so goth, in fact exactly the opposite, this thread reminded me of simon and garfunkel.

Shrek and I hadn't heard the S&G, Thanks!

Yeah, our Goths are a lot like yours. Many of them are also into LARPing, they act weird when I can tell if they are in a game. How does "Grandma type" know?:LOL:

:LOL: That would probably have been me, if there had been goths when I was in high school. I doubt it would be no more embarrassing to look back on that than looking back on my own youthful follies.

Back
Top Bottom