Signs of Autumn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was -2c last night, we have had a lot of gales over the last week so the wind chill factor was low.
Last years winter was the coldest for a long time -17c.
padeswood 193.jpg

Down here it's time to clean up, fill, and hang the bird feeders for our winter-visiting feathered friends. We get lots of various kinds of warblers to join the local cardinals, jays, and doves. In a couple of weeks hurricane season should end and I can put the storm shutters back in the garage until next May. That's also time to start eating the emergency canned food supplies that were laid in. Unless Mother Nature with her strange sense of humor brews up something in the Carribbean.

It was -2c last night, we have had a lot of gales over the last week so the wind chill factor was low.
Last years winter was the coldest for a long time -17c.
OK, -17C must feel colder in the UK with the humidity. Thats about our average winter temp in a warmer winter. Usually we have about a week of good hard -30C or lower.

Its currently -3C and not going to warm up much past freezing today. Temps are supposed to start dropping over this week. I filled both feeders yesterday and both are nearly empty today. Hungry little birdies! I should probably put out a suet ball.

It's a misty, moisty morning, not freezing yet. I think I'm going for a walk, love this weather.

Here in SW Florida you can tell it's Autumn when you see more cars with out of state plates than Florida plates. Season is upon us:(

And when you see those out of state plates, you drop back another couple of car lengths. Drivers from other places drive differently. I always dropped back when I lived there, and finally one of them did it - from the extreme right lane made a left hand turn at a 4 lane intersection.

A good thing, though, is that your neighbors who work in the hospitality industry are making more money.

And when you see those out of state plates, you drop back another couple of car lengths. Drivers from other places drive differently. I always dropped back when I lived there, and finally one of them did it - from the extreme right lane made a left hand turn at a 4 lane intersection.

A good thing, though, is that your neighbors who work in the hospitality industry are making more money.

The out of state plates here are just as erratic...for some reason they keep staring up at the mountains...of course, we are doing that, too!!!:LOL:

OK, -17C must feel colder in the UK with the humidity. Thats about our average winter temp in a warmer winter. Usually we have about a week of good hard -30C or lower.

Its currently -3C and not going to warm up much past freezing today. Temps are supposed to start dropping over this week. I filled both feeders yesterday and both are nearly empty today. Hungry little birdies! I should probably put out a suet ball.
Thats cold, Alix there is an English saying re birds, Tits like coconuts, sparrows like worms:)

Well, if I lived in the country... I currently live in the 'burbs and can look out the window to see squirrels. Haven't seen any today.

Still haven't seen any squirrels. Of course I have only been looking out the window on occasion. I'm worried that one of my neighbours has poisoned them all. I have my DH looking for them too, now.

<happy dance> It's snowing! <happy dance>

It's melting, but it's coming down white and the mountains have a nice icing!

Back
Top Bottom