Silkworm as food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I watched Martin Yan yesterdayon PBS, and he showed foods in China that he ate . It showed how silkworms were cooked for a snack. :sick: I couldn't watch anymore, ended changing the channel.

here, in the US of A, we are one of the few cultures that do NOT have insects on the menu. As gross as it sounds, some bugs are pound for pound more nutrient rich and healthier the beef and or chicken. Sure there is a ewwwww factor, but if you were raised eating them, then you would know non the wiser. Just like cultures that eat horse as a mainstay.

here, in the US of A, we are one of the few cultures that do NOT have insects on the menu. As gross as it sounds, some bugs are pound for pound more nutrient rich and healthier the beef and or chicken. Sure there is a ewwwww factor, but if you were raised eating them, then you would know non the wiser. Just like cultures that eat horse as a mainstay.

that is probably true, but i don't care to try it. every culture has its food, and some of them i find lovely. i am sure they must have something i would enjoy.

babe:chef::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom