Silliest and Most Stupid Question you have ever been asked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I was 78 at the time and back in the ER. I definitely looked every day of my age. A very young doctor came over to me to talk to me and find out what was wrong. He looked like he was 16. But he had on his long lab coat, so I knew he wasn't just a student. He was licensed to practice medicine.

"Is there a possibility you may be pregnant?" I let him know that I would like to speak to a nurse or the head of the ER first. He sent over the Director of the ER. When I told him why I asked for him and what the first doctor had asked me, he let out the loudest roar of a laugh. Obviously, the younger doctor hadn't taken time to read my information in the computer. And I am sure he never lived it down. At least not at that hospital. He probably had to leave town.

When I was living in Japan, my then SO and I took a trip to Guam, which is either a U.S. protectorate or a territory, I forget which.

It was quite obvious as to,why we were in Guam - we were wearing board shorts, carrying backpacks with snorkels sticking out, and wearing flip flops. And yet, when I went through customs, the guy asked me “so, what’s your purpose for visiting Guam?”

I had to bite my tongue. Possible answers I’m glad I never uttered:
I’m here to learn French, of course!
I’ve got a kilo of cocaine buried under this snorkeling junk. I have a buyer.
I’m an international commercial spy
Better question. Why do you live in Guam?
The snorkels are so we can breathe through the Crisco. Care to join us (only if they’re cute. Ya never know)?

Is that in your top ten?

Absolutely! During these past five years, my kids have told me, they have never seen me age so fast. And I have to agree with them. I have been in and out of the hospital more times than I can keep track of. And the fact that I went from 168 pounds to 70 pounds, you can imagine just how wrinkled and loose my skin all over my body has become. I have shrunk really fast. From 4.9-3/4 to 4.6.

For the longest time I thought an IV was my main meal of the day.

My surname is Chew - a good old Lancashire name and, whilst not exactly a fair-haired "English Rose", I couldn't look and sound more British.

A while back I was signing up for delivery of a piece of furniture in the Manchester branch of a well-known store (which prides itself on the quality of its staff). I gave my name to the assistant, spelling it out as usual. She looked me full in the face and asked "What an interesting name. Are you Chinese?" An occasional question if the conversation is over the 'phone and relevant but not when the speaker is looking directly at me!

Can I make blackpudding from my own blood?

Yeah I been taking care of food forums for teenagers...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom