Silliest Thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
What's the siliest thing you did with food?

For me, two things come to mind:

1. 15 baseball gumballs stuffed and chewed to blow giant gum bubbles that would pop all over your face.:ROFLMAO:

2. Drop a Fizzie into a glass bottle of soda, in the back yard of course, and try to drink the fountain of foam that erupted from the bottle. Ya better have a hose handy to wash off with.:LOL:

3. Who can stuff the most Saltine crackers in their mouth at once, and successfully chew, and swallow them. Talk about dry mouth!:ohmy:

4. I didn't do this one as a child, or teen, but saw my eldest munchkin participate in this activity with some friends. It's called "Fluffy Bunny". You jam as many marshmallows in your mouth as you can, and try to chew them all up and swallow them. The result is very messy, and to me, somewhat disgusting.:bunny::wacko:

5. I'm not sure if crab apple fights, with opposing teams of 5 or 6 boys, counts in this. But yes, we did that. Just to let you know, they hurt. We all had pretty good arms back then, except me of course. I wouldn't do that.:angel:

So what did the rest of you do, that you don't want anyone to know about, or maybe you do.:w00t2:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

One of my oldest brothers dared me when I was a kid to put a whole bag of Pop Rocks in my mouth and take a long swig of coke. Hold it as long as possible without swallowing.

Like an idiot 10yr old I did it! Anything they could do I could do better. NOT! Don't do that at home.
It fizzed popped all over my mouth, I though I was going to loose all my teeth my mouth was about to explode. Did loose a filling. Mom grounded me for listening to idiots. :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

I guess the silliest thing was when I was visiting a friend. She wanted to make floats. Got the ice cream out and found no soda pop. She decided to substitute grapefruit juice then added chocolate syrup. They tasted okay going down but they didn't stay down! Can't drink grapefruit juice anymore.

My birthday is July 4th. When I wad about 7 my 2 brothers were at the age that they were building homemade rockets. They decided to "improve" on candles on the cake. They covered my cake with a couple layers of foil, added a rocket, took it all outside & set off the rocket. The rocket was great, it even had a parachute. However, the cake had a 7 inch ring if soot all the way through both layers. Over the years they tried adding layers of foil & using Roman candles or other fireworks. Of course my parents agreed to these experiments. I'm 53 & they still occasionally put a Roman candle on my cake. Only difference, they've grown tired of ruining a cake & would rather eat it so the Roman candle doesn't get lit.

Back
Top Bottom