"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 10-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #11
Master Chef
Sorry Sush! That special one is out there and one day your paths will cross. Thank Goodness the good Lord put a road block in front of that path . Her loss in my opinion.

Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #12
Senior Cook
Sorry, Sushi, but you know what? That was time well spent. It showed you exactly the kind of girl you don't want to go after. She doesn't sound very understanding of a guy who's in the middle of a problem, then blames you for it. There are lots of nice girls out there who will make you forget this one in a big hurry. Check out the produce section of your supermarket. If you see one you're interested in, ask her a question about a fruit or veggie! That's what all the singles do in my city. It works!

Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef
Here in New England (six states in the northeastern United States) we have a name for women like that. It's not nice.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
they're called the red sox (j/k andy. how's the off season so far? )

running away........................

actually sush, as has been mentioned, it was a pretty cheap way to find out that she's the wrong girl (i had to erase the first 15 things i wrote there, lol).

it coulda been worse. she could have made you spend big bucks on a few dinners, or worse, before you found out.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #15
Executive Chef
My first thought was, why would a woman call you at 10pm for a first date? You would think she would have given you the courtesy of setting a time and day/night to get together in advance so you/she could plan better.

Obvioulsy she wasnt as intelligent as she first seemed. Sorry you had to go through that.
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Sush I'm so sorry this happened to you. But everyone's right... at least you found out about her early enough before you spent big bucks on her.
I find it disturbing to see how unappreciative she was of you.
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
sush, vagriller nailed it. The only time she's gonna call again is when she is low on cash and wants to go out. Chalk this one up to experience.
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #18
Head Chef
Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Something like that happened to me on my first date with my first girlfriend on February 16th.

I deposited some cheques just before going out with her.
I didn't withdraw any money cause I had my card.
So, we went to Casey's and ordered our food.
So when it was time to pay the bill I handed the lady my card, and she handed it back and said "We don't have debit, use the machine at the back there"

I have a youth account at my bank, so I could only withdraw $20.
Which was just over half the bill.
OMG!! I was soo pissed! And I couldn't flip out in front of her.
So she offered to pay... I really really didn't want her to.
So lameness.
I did bake her cookies, and mix a few cds for her, and got her a big red teddy bear and took her out for a movie... So it could have been worse.

But up to this day, I havn't let her pay for anything, cept that one time...
We were at her university, getting some food.
She has a food card, so when I said I'm paying, she pulled out her wallet and a quarter fell out. I picked it up, and by the time I got up she had already swiped it (thats all she has to do) and gathered our food.

Also up to this day, I havn't eaten at Casey's.
Zzyxk - Short baked goods slideshow! Homemade
Please check it out.
goboenomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #19
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by vagriller
Sounds like she was low on cash and wanted a sugar daddy for the night!

hope you're feeling better sush
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:22 PM   #20
Assistant Cook
I echo what everyone else has already said. Better you know from the first date what kind of person she is. Some girls just expect the guy to pay which I don't think is right. Of course it is nice when a guy treats you to dinner but it shouldn't be expected, especially on a first date when she called you.

Don't worry, there are plenty of lovely girls out there and I hope that the next girl you meet is one of them and treats you well

But as for having cash...well it's always handy to have some to hand. I always have at least 10 with me in case I want to get a snack to eat, train ticket or whatever and there are no cash machines nearby, there's a queue or they are broken. It's just handy

Jules402 is offline   Reply With Quote