Sinuses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

devoted8864

Assistant Cook
Anyone have suggestions of really good sinus/allergy relief. Not clogged just a lot of sinus pain & constant headache. Sudifed, Zertec, Alegra , & Clariton does not work

Last edited by a moderator:
You might try a saline solution with either a sinus squeeze bottle or a neti pot. Dr. Oz swears by it. You can get the stuff at Walgreens.

Or you could do as my mother taught me when I was about ten. Make your own solution of salt and warm water, stir well until all the salt is dissolved. Pour a little in the palm of your hand and sniff it up your nose. One nostril at a time. It works and cost nothing. :angel:

Just don't use iodized table salt and tap water. You need plain salt with no additives and distilled water.

Just don't use iodized table salt and tap water. You need plain salt with no additives and distilled water.

True. My mother always had a kettle of boiled water on the back of the stove. It was always warm. That tea kettle stayed full for her cups of tea all day long. :angel:

I think the recipe is one eighth of a teaspoon of salt to 8 ounces of water. Too salty and it will burn, not enough salt and it will burn. The water should be as salty as tears.

Some people put a pinch of baking soda in with the salt.

I think the recipe is one eighth of a teaspoon of salt to 8 ounces of water. Too salty and it will burn, not enough salt and it will burn. The water should be as salty as tears.

Some people put a pinch of baking soda in with the salt.

Glad someone knows the recipe. I do it the Grandmother way. A glass of warm water, shake some salt in and stir. Just like my mother did. :angel:

Steam...pour boiling water in a bowl, drape a towel over your head and place your face over the bowl. Breathe in the steam for 10-15 minutes. Do this several times a day and purchase a humidifier to run in the fall and winter.

And stop taking anti-histamines, you are drying out your sinuses, that's why the headaches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom