Sliced my finger today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Doing something STUPID!

I was trying to replace a broken pane of glass in a window. Of course, I went to one DIY-type place, and they DON'T CUT GLASS FOR YOU! I had to buy a certain size, a glass cutter, and the oil. Well, I've never cut glass before. They aren't kidding when they say it takes experience. I didn't think to get the work gloves out. In trying to snap the two pieces apart, I managed to slice my right middle finger, right on the tip. Not very deep, doesn't need stitches, but boy, did it bleed!

Anyway, lesson learned. Let the pro's cut the glass. Right now, plexiglass is looking very attractive. That, I can handle.

Last edited:
And just before Thanksgiving too. Latex gloves to the rescue!!!! hehe Little cuts hurt worse than the bigger cuts.

Doing something STUPID!

I was trying to replace a broken pane of glass in a window. Of course, I went to one DIY-type place, and they DON'T CUT GLASS FOR YOU! I had to buy a certain size, a glass cutter, and the oil. Well, I've never cut glass before. They aren't kidding when they say it takes experience. I didn't think to get the work gloves out. In trying to snap the two pieces apart, I managed to slice my right middle finger, right on the top. Not very deep, doesn't need stitches, but boy, did it bleed!

Anyway, lesson learned. Let the pro's cut the glass. Right now, plexiglass is looking very attractive. That, I can handle.
sounds awful and I know from experience how much that can hurt and bleed:( one word for you, okay two, Peroxide and pressure

Fingertip and Knuckle bandages are a must for me, since I tend to cut myself every couple of months or so, usually at work. Lots of those bandages there, as well as fingercots and latex gloves.

It's a little sore now, but I can still type with it. It bled for about 15 minutes or so.

Last edited:
:)I use finger cots.For those that dont know what they are they look like little condoms that you put on your finger them keep it clean and water proof.
:LOL:They are fun for playing pranks on those of the male persuasion as well.:LOL::LOL:

I feel your pain !!

On Thanksgiving morning, three years ago, I took the tip of my little finger off using a mandolin........The durned thing bled for four hours.. still have a flat spot there, and I still get a little panic-y every time I take the mandolin out.

But I never use it without the guard, no-sir-ree

Fingertip and Knuckle bandages are a must for me, since I tend to cut myself every couple of months or so, usually at work. Lots of those bandages there, as well as fingercots and latex gloves.

It's a little sore now, but I can still type with it. It bled for about 15 minutes or so.

It must have been a dull piece of glass. Everyone knows that dull glass is more dangerous than sharp glass.:wacko:

I feel your pain !!

On Thanksgiving morning, three years ago, I took the tip of my little finger off using a mandolin........The durned thing bled for four hours.. still have a flat spot there, and I still get a little panic-y every time I take the mandolin out.

But I never use it without the guard, no-sir-ree
:)That was an unluckytrim:LOL:
Ive done the same thing but on the side of my finger.You are right about the bleeding and its the grossest feeling when you feel that cut.I just put the flap back over in its place now this may sound weird but I trimmed a mini pad and wrapped it around my finger and taped it up with first aid tape.Worked great and it all grew back together still have scar.

Back
Top Bottom