Sloshing liquid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB- This happens to a few people I know - when a friend of mine drinks alot of fluids he can move his abs and you can actually hear the sloshing sound ..If its in your stomach area it usually means you have a lot of liquid that has not had time to be absorbed by the body - if you are lying down the feeling can travel upwards - as the angle spreads the water content. It's like the opposite of when you are hungry - ever hear your stomach "growl" - well this is the opposite - it could also lead to acid reflux - take notes before your doc appnt - that way you will remember to ask - In most people you can hear the fluid sound with a stethescope - you are just more aware then some - lol

Last edited:
lulu said:
"you know how, especially when you are little, you go past hungry, way past, then you get a little pain, then really severe nausea and could't eat if you want to?" He said no, and checked my social services record to see if there were any reports against my parents, I just assumed everybody got that feeling.....

lulu - I know that feeling. I was a scrawny thing way back when. If we went out to eat I would already be hungry when we got to the restaurant. This was before a loaf of bread was EVER severed at the time of seating! I would start getting severe pains in my stomach/abdomen/sides and by the time the food came I couldn't eat - no one understood why I couldn't eat if I was hungry - it was just too late.

GB - that's interesting. The only sloshing I have ever heard is when I get water in my ear and I turn my head upside down except maybe once - and I think I was really hot from some sort of activity in the summer and drank something cold - I guess I continued on with what I was doing - I could feel and hear the sloshing and I could feel that it was cold. That was definitely sloshing in my stomach.

GB, the sloshing sound more than likely does come from your ear. You may have an infection. If you have any dental problems, this can cause an inbalance in your ears.

I know it has nothing to do with my ear. I can actually feel it in my chest. I feel the liquid moving around and I bet if someone held their ear up to my chest they would hear it too. I can feel it splashing around too.

Reanie and Lulu I am so glad to hear that you know of other people that this happens to. That makes me feel a lot better. I was never worried about this because it never caused me any pain or any negative side affects that I know of, but learning that it does not happen to everyone is a little weird.

have your doctor check your lungs .. have you had a cold or pneumonia ever? are you asthmatic?

I have had my lungs checked many times, but never specifically because of this. I have had many colds over the years, but I have never had pneumonia and I am not asthmatic.

GB, you are not alone!!! LOL!! I have this too at times and Reanie is right about it. The ear thing is completely different and I have had that a few times too.

Back
Top Bottom