Sloshing liquid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Has this ever happened to you?

You are walking and you hear and feel liquid sloshing around in your chest or some other part of your body.

What is going on when that happens? I have always wondered this.

Perhaps what you are hearing is something other than sloshing. Only your stomach has enough open space for a liquid to slosh around and I don't think you'd hear it.

Are you hearing this externally or internally?

I am not actually sure where I hear it Andy. Internally I think, but I can't be sure. I also feel it. This past time I felt it up on my left side right around the middle of my ribcage or maybe even a little higher.

On some hot summer day after guzzling down some ice cold drinks, my stomach often sloshes around loudly, but never in any other body parts... do you feel any discomfort?

Can you induce it at will by swaying back and forth? Another thought is that it could be an inner ear issue.

Nope, no discomfort. It feels kind of neat actually.

OK I always thought this was something that happened to everybody. Now I am getting a little concerned.

This has happened to me for as long as I can remember.

It pretty much only happens when I am walking Andy, but I bet if I swayed enough then that could cause it as well.

I doubt it has anything to do with my inner year. It is something I physically feel in my trunk.

If it has been this way all your life and you never felt any pain or discomfort, I don't think it is anything to worry about, but it is just an amateurish analysis... it may be worth consulting with a physician, if it is for simply satisfying your curiosity.

I often ask my doctor questions about stuff going on in my body that are not complaints so much as curiosity. It might be worth bringing it up next visit.

I will be seeing my doctor in a few weeks. I will definitely try to remember to ask her. I am even more curious now that I know this does not happen to everyone.

carolelaine I am not exactly sure now that I am thinking about it more. It only happens in my truck, not in my arms, legs, head or anywhere like that. It is not specific to my left side though. Sometimes it is on my right or in the middle.

It is like I have a bag in my check that is half filled with water. Picture holding a bag of water up to your chest as you walk up and down stairs. That is what I picture when this is happening.

Perhaps if you drank a slurry of flour and water, it would thicken up your innards and stop the sloshing.

Yeah, I get that too GB, not for a long while though......I thought it was normal, should we worry? This reminds me of when I was trying to explain to a doctor about how sick I felt and I was saying "you know how, especially when you are little, you go past hungry, way past, then you get a little pain, then really severe nausea and could't eat if you want to?" He said no, and checked my social services record to see if there were any reports against my parents, I just assumed everybody got that feeling.....

GB said:
It only happens in my truck, not in my arms, legs, head or anywhere like that.
GB. one of my jobs is auto tech, so if you could tell me what kind of truck . . .:LOL:

bullseye said:
GB. one of my jobs is auto tech, so if you could tell me what kind of truck . . .:LOL:
I don't know what you would call the make or model, but it was assembled in NJ. It has quite a few miles on it and would definitely be considered used :-p

GB said:
I don't know what you would call the make or model, but it was assembled in NJ. It has quite a few miles on it and would definitely be considered used :-p
:ROFLMAO:The model I haul around was also assembled in NJ, and still resides there. Though I don't recall anything about sloshing, it's likely that it is a different year, so the TSBs might not apply!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom