Smaller Charmin bathroom Tissue rolls!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's the stuff! A little bit went a long way.
Crepe paper was when you were lucky. This was the most common TP in Europe in the '60s. It was hard and shiny and water repellent on one side and quite rough on the other, but I am told it wasn't as hard on septic systems or the waterways.

toilet+papir.jpg

America's butt is getting bigger and the toilet paper is getting smaller, that ain't right.

It's time to wake up America! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I could never buy those. Hubby uses a whole regular size roll when he goes, I'm scared the smaller rolls disappear cardboard and all :LOL:

I've considered replacing the TP with kitchen toweling !

It was hard to find that picture. I had to type "gammeldags lokum papir" (old-fashioned outhouse [slang expression for a washroom] paper in Danish) to find that picture. :ermm::LOL:

I can't imagine using that stuff!

I thought it was bad when my Grandmother talked about using old dress patterns and the Sears Roebuck catalog!

I wonder what became of poor old Roebuck! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I can't imagine using that stuff!

I thought it was bad when my Grandmother talked about using old dress patterns and the Sears Roebuck catalog!

I wonder what became of poor old Roebuck! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
When I lived in Denmark, I used that stuff to write letters. :LOL:

We bought the soft stuff for at home, but still met that other stuff in public washrooms. You could hear other people doing the same thing: take a big wad and "scrub" it until it's not as "sharp". :ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Crepe paper was when you were lucky. This was the most common TP in Europe in the '60s. It was hard and shiny and water repellent on one side and quite rough on the other, but I am told it wasn't as hard on septic systems or the waterways.

Wow. Looks like a combination of butcher paper and a brown paper bag! Apparently our ancestors survived, we're all stiil here.

Last edited:
i think it's time for people to learn the old boy scout maple or oak leaf/middle finger method. :ermm:

You people! You're making this thread as good as Today's Funny.

I remember long time ago as a little city girl using my aunt's outhouse and recall the smell but not what sort of paper there was. I especially remember one trip to 'the house out back' when there was a big ol' black snake lying on the path between me and the convenience.

It was hard to find that picture. I had to type "gammeldags lokum papir" (old-fashioned outhouse [slang expression for a washroom] paper in Danish) to find that picture. :ermm::LOL:
Because this type of papir was not perforated another advantage was that the dispenser had a serrated blade which permitted cutting sheets to the size desired.

Yesterday I went shopping and TP was on my list.

I bought the kind I always do - Charmin Ultra Strong.

This morning when I put a new roll on the dispenser it looked funny to me.

It lookes narrow - too much of the spinner on my dispenser was showing.

I grabbed the cardboard core from the old roll and held it against the new roll.

I was right.

Now it's 1/4" narrower. :mad:

When will it stop ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Look at the positive side, Mrs.
Remember how hard it used to be to get that spring loaded spindle lined up and inserted into the rails when the rolls reached side to side with little room to spare? :D

Look at the positive side, Mrs.
Remember how hard it used to be to get that spring loaded spindle lined up and inserted into the rails when the rolls reached side to side with little room to spare? :D

LOL yep .. but you know that aggravation is really quite healthy for a body .. it's gets the blood flowing really fast - unclogs the arteries :LOL:

LOL yep .. but you know that aggravation is really quite healthy for a body .. it's gets the blood flowing really fast - unclogs the arteries :LOL:

There is only one thing a person needs to think about unclogging in the bathroom. Their ear wax of course :angel:

Yesterday I went shopping and TP was on my list.

I bought the kind I always do - Charmin Ultra Strong.

This morning when I put a new roll on the dispenser it looked funny to me.

It lookes narrow - too much of the spinner on my dispenser was showing.

I grabbed the cardboard core from the old roll and held it against the new roll.

I was right.

Now it's 1/4" narrower. :mad:

When will it stop ?!?!?!?!?!?!

HMMM I am going to have agree with you on that.

OHHHHH and when did the Charmin rolls of toilet paper in the blue package wind up cutting cut to 164 sheets a roll They were 176 sheets a roll. NOWWW The rolls in the blue package have ONE less sheet per roll than red ones

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that facial tissues are not as wide as they used to be? We buy Scotties and they are shorter than their traditional length.

The COMPANY now says they made the toilet paper smaller in order to flush better andddd they say that move some important fibers to like the middle of the roll so it cleans better.

Back
Top Bottom