Smoking ban in cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm going to add something here to GB's post.

I do not understand why it is difficult for people to see that it is OK to talk about a law but not how the government is infringing on our personal freedoms. We allow a certain degree of latitude with threads like this so that the discussion can take place. Those of you who complain most vociferously about the moderating here are the ones who are nudging us to stricter moderation rather than the opposite.

If you need this to be spelled out then here it is. You MAY post about a law or some kind of legislation and whether or not you agree with it. You MAY NOT post how terrible it is that the government is legislating so many of your personal freedoms and where will it end. The REASON for this is that the former post is not (usually) inflammatory, and will not engender debate and the latter IS inflammatory and WILL cause people with another opinion to post and the fight will be on.

I hope that is clear enough for all of you. And finally, if you really feel the need to question the moderation here (and you have the right to do that at any time) it would be so lovely to be afforded the courtesy of a PM rather than a rant on the boards which includes profanity that needs editing. Whether you believe it or not, the moderators here are VOLUNTEERS and they take a lot of crap from members everyday. They are people just like you and they do not deserve to be publicly slammed. Please people, if you wouldn't say to someone's face, don't say it on a public board. If you DO post it in public be prepared for a public reprimand, we don't like to do that but sometimes a public reminder is good for everyone to see. Remember your manners please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom