Snakes on a Plane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasabi

Executive Chef
Do you plan on seeing this movie? I can just see some looney tunes letting a snake loose on a plane just to see if the reaction would be just like the movie.:mad:

I was so surprised that Samuel L Jackson is starring in it....bet it will be on a DVD in a very short time. :LOL:

My SO cannot even say the word. This strikes me as one of the more idiotic premises for a movie in recent years. If it's a hit, we have a serious national problem.

I think it will be hilarious. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

It's going be one of those movies that is so bad, it's good.

That is exactly why sam jackson signed up for it.

if it's bad enough in a good way, expect a cult classic.

From the first time I saw this preview I thought omg, this looks terrible. I don't plan on seeing it in the theaters or when it hits stores.

My boys used to have snakes and I not scared of them at all but this movie........ewwww.

you either get it or you don't. the reason sam jackson signed up to do it is because it sounded so ridiculous.

Let the insanity begin.

Authorities said pranksters released the young venomous rattlesnakes in a dark theater at the AMC Desert Ridge near Tatum and Loop 101 in Phoenix.
The two snakes caused a panic in the dark theater, according to the report.
"That to me is very scary," herpetological association representative Tom Whiting said. "I would hate to be watching a movie about snakes and have a rattlesnake bite me."
Wranglers were called to collect the snakes, the report said.
No one was injured in the incident and, so far, the culprits have not been caught.
Officials believe the snakes were smuggled into the theater in backpacks.
"This thing is under someone's chair and they go to sit and they just push your foot in the air and startle it -- obviously all they got to do is startle this thing," Phoenix Herpetological Society spokesman Daniel Marchand said. "It's dark. They can't see you, you know that well. If it's scared, boom it strikes."
The snakes were released into the desert.

I'm not a snake person but I won't go out of my way to kill one, either. They are an important part of our ecosystem so I leave them alone. In college I was hunched over a microscope trying to figure out what this insect was (not that I cared but the lab instructor sure did) so as my eyes are crossing I notice this flickering movement to my right. I just ignore it---eyestrain I tell myself. A few minutes later, more eyestrain. A few minutes later,increasing eyestrain. Finally I lift my eyes from the microscope to rub them and am face to face with a boa constrictor who is flickering his tongue at me---I understand this is how they "taste". It's amazing what the brain processes in milliseconds-- my brain records that the gal next to me is seated with a canvas bag and out of that bag is her boa and it's wrapped around her lap and curled around her neck (he's quite long, I might add) and quite interested in what I'm doing---he is looking at me and flickering his tongue in my direction about inches from my face----milliseconds, now----my brain responds----DANGER-DANGER-DANGER!!!!! REFLEX mode now takes place and before I know it I'm hurled backwards----I had no idea that my lab chair had wheels on it and boy did I Sail AWay!!!!!! I must have propelled myself a 100 feet at a 100mph. The owner of the "eyestrain" gave me such a withering look that I felt guilty---

:) Im with Mylegs big.I believe this movie critic's name is Joel Siegel on Good Morning America said it was quite good because it was like an old horror movie and that critic is tough on movies.I will watch it when it gets to pay per view or HBO.I mean, Im known to watch all kinds of stupid movies Eight legged freaks comes to mind I liked it and yet I dont like spiders but it's just a movie so you can watch Ghost for the 100th time or something different.Heck! On Saturday you can't get to picky on tv.
Your not gonna believe this but just now a spider come running at the base of my computer.Talk about synchronisati [ I think I spelled that wrong]
Somebody please correct me on this word.

My wife smuggled a Black Racer on a plane from florida in her purse. We love snakes. I don't intend to see the movie till it comes out on DVD.

Back
Top Bottom