Snow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
OW! How did you crack your ribs? BTW, cat and Duff sounds like an "excellent" prescription. May I also recommend a shot of brandy in the evening? Works wonders for a wrecked back, so I think it would help the ribs. Oh, and try bracing yourself when you sneeze or cough. Press a pillow over the cracked ribs or even just your hand and lightly apply pressure. Thats what they tell you to do with an abdominal incision when you sneeze. Works pretty well, I didn't lose any internal organs anyway. :LOL:

Yeah BT, how DID you break your ribs?

Was it something manly? Hockey? Football? Saving a family from a burning building?

John

Alix said:
OW! How did you crack your ribs? BTW, cat and Duff sounds like an "excellent" prescription. May I also recommend a shot of brandy in the evening? Works wonders for a wrecked back, so I think it would help the ribs. Oh, and try bracing yourself when you sneeze or cough. Press a pillow over the cracked ribs or even just your hand and lightly apply pressure. Thats what they tell you to do with an abdominal incision when you sneeze. Works pretty well, I didn't lose any internal organs anyway. :LOL:
A friend of mine had heart bypass surgery--they gave her a bear to hold onto. Whenever she had to cough or sneeze, she hugged the bear and it helped ease the pain a little.

:) Barbara

i had to leap in front of a bus to save a nun. no? you don't believe that one?

ok, umm, i was flying relief supplies to needy orphans in somalia when my plane crashed.
no?

i was cross-checked and tripped as i split the defensemen in the slot, sending me head over heels. but i still managed, one handed on my backhand, to put the puck where norman kept his mother. UPSTAIRS!!! :mrgreen:
no?

ok, i actually don't know, but i think it was when my son, about 31 pounds now, jumped from the couch onto my side as i was laying on the floor watching tv with him. kinda like the way a cowboy jumps onto a horse. i felt a little sting, but didn't pay it much attention. then, the next day, i was benduing over, changing the paper in the bird's cages when i sneezed very hard, and that's when it felt like someone put a knife in my side. the doc says that my son probably started the fracture, and the sneeze completed it.

hey, isn't that elder abuse?

Oooooh! Sorry to hear that, Buck! Take 'er easy and don't aggravate it. Alix is right on about the shot of brandy (isn't *shot* Canadian for *bottle*?) to take the edge off. I've bruised a rib before but never cracked one, I can't even imagine!

DampCharcoal said:
Oooooh! Sorry to hear that, Buck! Take 'er easy and don't aggravate it. Alix is right on about the shot of brandy (isn't *shot* Canadian for *bottle*?) to take the edge off. I've bruised a rib before but never cracked one, I can't even imagine!

Oh, it hurts - it hurts like H-E-Double Hockey Sticks! And a hockey stick is exactly what caused mine. Of course, I didn't help matters by playing the rest of that game and then going again the next night.

John

buckytom said:
thanks everyone.

ronjohn, man does it hurt, especially when i cough or sneeze. i'd never cracked a rib before.

i think i'll blow out my intestines if i try to hold another sneeze in...

When I was an optician a million years ago, I had an older patient come to me to fix his glasses who had one of those halo things on his head and shoulders because he had broken his neck. I asked him how he was doing with all that and he said to me "I sneezed this morning". Before I could even think of the repercussions of that statement he offered up "Have you ever seen a grown man cry?". I'll always remember that one, since I sneeze at the drop of a pin. I know that doesn't help your pain, but I do sympathize. My father used to throw his back out sneezing occasionally.

BC

Back
Top Bottom