SNOW????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket_J_Dawg

Sous Chef
:eek: It was inevitable, but we got our first snow last night. Not a lot. It didn't stick to the ground but it did to cars. I just heard on the radio that it is snowing right now just south of us.

I hate winter.
img_1312932_0_be2016f1d626c4c202da707da1dfb075.gif

You hate winter - you live in Canada. I relate, but you are going to have to get used to it. You're lucky its held off this long. I predict your snowblower will be running within the month.

Took my snowblower in for a tune up yesterday. No waiting. Went to pick it up today and there were 6 waiting for work ups. I beat the rush. I'm not in a hurry to use it though.

When I was kid snow was the best thing ever! (We just hardly ever had it so there was a novelty factor too).

Now I am a grown up,(well, allegedly :rolleyes:) it is the WORST thing ever - everything grinds to a halt over here as we are just not geared up for it at all. (And obviously, nobody has snowblowers - at least not down south anyway).

We are expecting snow in the higher elevations for the next few days!

I look forward to the start of winter, it makes me want to head for the kitchen to start cooking and baking!

Many of my fondest memories are of steamy windows in a cozy winter kitchen.

I'm good until the middle of February, then the fantasy begins to fizzle! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

You hate winter - you live in Canada. I relate, but you are going to have to get used to it. You're lucky its held off this long. I predict your snowblower will be running within the month.

I shouldn't say hate, it's more "I really dislike it". I spent a year in your neck of the woods when I was stationed in Cold Lake. That qualifies for hate. :LOL:
When I retire in 6 years we're heading back to Germany so I really only have to tolerate our winters here until then.

Snowblower??? No way. We moved to a condo 4 years ago. :ROFLMAO:

There was snow all around us yesterday, big clumpy stuff. We just got cold, not freezing, rain. OK by me.

I'm hoping to get my severed heads out this weekend, I don't like to put them out during inclement weather. (For Halloween).

Last edited:
We are not getting any snow yet. I do hope we will. Snow is so very nice. We shall see.

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom