"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #11
Executive Chef

We didn't have any school Thursday, nor today. Not only that, but I didn't have to work Thursday, and didn't find out until I got there. Doesn't look like we're going to open up today, either.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Great idea Alix! I just made my second pot of coffee for the afternoon. I'll start with kahluah in the coffee, then some peppermint schnapps in my hot chocolate this afternoon while frosting cookies, followed by some wine while making dinner followed by my whiskey night cap - these kids better get back to school soon !

Old 12-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #13
Executive Chef

What did you end up doing today Michele?

We made a huge snowman. He's not the roundest snowman, he's kindof buff. We're also in the process of making an actual igloo. dh is doing most of the work. I have fun out there, trying to help but Aidan is such a wimp. He gets cold too easily and I usually have to take him in to warm up. I'll post pictures in the next couple days.

Well, I hope you enjoyed your snowday!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:50 PM   #14
Executive Chef

I can relate Michele! Sometimes those days off are more chaotic than anticipated, especially with the baby and teen.

Cora, most of our snowmans ( in the past) turned out uneven too. I always made the big bottom one, and the middle, and then my daughter would finally pulll through with the head of the snowman :) We used sticks for arms, a carrott for the nose, and rocks to make a line for the mouth.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:45 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Cora, I can't wait to see the snowman! Did you give him/her a name? That sounds like alot of fun.

In the middle of making cookies, DH came upstairs and said he wanted to take DS in the snow but naptime was creeping up and as I said, DS was already cranky. So we started rushing through to get to a stopping point to bundle everyone up. Since this was the first snow boots, gloves, scarves and things of the such had to be dug out. With cookies in the oven, cookies on the table, ingredients everywhere, I try to make room on the counter for more waxed paper and my cooking bible (3" binder filled with all my keepsake recipes and cooking info) falls into a sink full of water! -Good thing DS doesn't talk yet because I would have alot of explaining to do! They all went outside and played in the snow and DH took DS on a long ride on the sled. I stayed back and cooked and cleaned. By the time I got done cleaning the kitchen it was time to start preparing for dinner. We rushed through dinner so we could go to the Christmas walk in our local town, which turned out to be very nice. DS got to see Santa on a silent lighted fire truck parade. I felt like I was walking down a street in the movie "Its a Wonderful Life". We sipped egg nog smoothies in one shop, and just tooled around. We couldn't stay long because my cold allergy kicked into high gear, I broke out into hives on the only exposed sing, my eyes and nose. We visited Santa and came home. It was a hectic day, but turned out nice at the end!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #16
Sous Chef

Please make an entire family of snow angels for those of us who can't!
Old 12-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #17
Everymom

Ayrton, when it warms up enough to play outside I will make you a snow angel or two. We'll even make an extra snowman too!
Old 12-02-2006, 11:39 AM   #18
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
The movie Snow day is on tv right now . :P
Old 12-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Ayrton, when it warms up enough to play outside I will make you a snow angel or two. We'll even make an extra snowman too!
Aw, thanks Alix!!
Old 12-02-2006, 12:33 PM   #20
Master Chef

The storms somehow separated and went around Galena! If you drive for an hour in any direction, you'll run into tons of snow. We didn't get enough to coat the grass. But it is frigid cold!